firecracker22

Sponsoring Member
Oct 23, 2000
I haven't been posting on here too much lately, but it's not because I got sick of the smell or anything ... Just busy!

I sold the old beat-up Toyota to a nice family with a 17-year-old daughter, may she beat it up as badly as I trashed my first car. The Yota can certainly handle it. At least they were nice enough to return my license plate holder that says "I'm not speeding, I'm qualifying" when I forgot to remove it. :)

I bought instead a 95 Wrangler Rio Grande. The Rio Grande just means it's got desert-ish colors and a sort of Southwest seat prints. I swore to myself I'd just keep it as a daily driver and not mess around with it ... but last weekend I went on a hardcore Jeep run and wished I had mine the whole weekend, and just yesterday I aired down my own tires, put 'er in 4-low and did some trail cruising ... I even had one tire off the ground coming up and over a big off-camber rock! It was awesome! If it's that much fun stock, then a spring-over lift, 33s, lower gears, lockers and at the very least a swaybar disconnect are in the very near future. But even if that's a ways down the road, it's awesome to cruise around with the top off (haven't had it on since I got it, and tangled hair be damned) and it runs and drives great. I had a 75 CJ5 a few years ago so I remember most of the hassle and weirdnesses of Jeeps. Like driving in snow. Ack!

In other news, I am relocated, leaving the Northwest ... I've been offered a job as assistant editor at a very small weekly in NE Colorado. It's in the flattish part but I think I can adjust. The land there has been described as rolling hills. There's a MX track 10 miles from town and Denver is only 2 hours away. I've been wanting a HUGE change of scenery for a while, plus my current job has lots of crappy things about it, so this will be a great move I'm thinking (Hoping!). I haven't even seen the place yet, I'm flying down next week to scope it out and try to find a house to rent. First on the list is a place that accepts DOGS so that I can have a puppy again! Maybe not a tiny puppy, but whatever I can find at the humane society or rescue organization.

So anyway, hope everyone else is doing well!

Vic

***** freak.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 5, 2000
Hi, Sharla. I was wondering where you've been. Nice to know you're doing well.

:>)

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
Gee I bet there are plenty of OK places in Colorado to run that Jeep too LOL! I'd live in Colorado if I won the Publishers Clearing House Sweepstakes.

firecracker22

Sponsoring Member
Oct 23, 2000
I'm hoping to--I told myself I'd just keep it as a plain stock daily driver and concentrate on the bike, but one Jeep run just as a passenger killed that and then Saturday I took it out (aired down, 4-low) with a new friend as copilot and coach and, well, I'm hooked. I even had one tire WAY up in the air coming over a big rock (must get swaybar disconnect). So, now I have 2 expensive toys ... oh well.

KiwiBird

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 30, 2000
Good to hear things are going OK Sharla - we have met a couple of Jeeps way in the back of beyond and I know the fun factor is high.

squeaky

Roosta's Princess
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 28, 2003
Glad to hear things are going well Sharla. I've always wanted a Jeep as a daily driver so I could cruise around in the summertime down by the beach with the top off!

Congrats on the job offer, a change of scenery is always a great thing! Good luck in Colorado!!!

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
Where are all these wimmin cruising around with their tops off? :)

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
Patman said:
Where are all these wimmin cruising around with their tops off? :)
evidently in jeeps . . . :think:

Guess that's one good thing about a jeep, eh? ;)

firecracker22

Sponsoring Member
Oct 23, 2000
Hehe I'll be more decent as soon as my bikini top comes in. ;)

Jeeps make great drivers--but have some quirks you gotta deal with, like extreme road noise, etc. I'm getting close to 20 mpg with the gutless little 4-cylinder.

MXGirl230

Stupid tires and trees
~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Dec 19, 2002
Congrats on the new job and Jeep! I want one, but hubby doesn't like 'em... :think: Someday!

Colorado has some SWEET tracks!!! There's Berthoud (sp?), the one in uh...I think it's Miliken. We talked to some people there a couple of years ago. They call it "the jump track". Seems like there were two others in the N.E. Not sure though.

Seems like Berthoud is the one that has a SX, MX, and a GP track? Sorry it's been a few years since we were out there, can't remember anymore!

firecracker22

Sponsoring Member
Oct 23, 2000
just bring home one of those new Rubicons and tell him it followed you home. :)

Pawnee Cycle Club operates a club track right near Sterling, and I think there are a couple others. Guess I'll be doing more MX now but it'll be good for me.

Kav

Crash Master
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 20, 2001
Sharla, NE Colorado is a great easy-going place. Denver has a lot going on all the time. But stray away from Commerce City. (It's got a funk smell to it.) If you can get a dog, the Denver Dumb Friends League is a great place to look you can find them here: http://www.ddfl.org/ I've gotten dogs there in the past. And I always liked to use them.

BTW if you get a chance to stop in Glennwood springs, Idaho Springs, or Steam Boat Springs for a night; hit up the hot springs. Trust me it's worth it! :)

splatt

Resident mental case
~SPONSOR~
Dec 1, 2001
Well when your ready for the 33's I have a good set of BFG Mud Terrains that I'm not using anymore. You'll just need to get some different wheels for them.They're on 6-lug Chevy wheels now.

Steve

firecracker22

Sponsoring Member
Oct 23, 2000
Thanks, Kav. I'll remember that.

How much for them tires??? How much tread left? I might buy them now and save them until I get a lift.

dirty~d~

Resident nudist
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 17, 2002
Dang girl. I guess I should check in with you more often. :) Congrats on the change of scenery and the new wheels. Check your PMs when you get a chance.

GETMETOCA

Can't Wait For Tuesdays
Mar 17, 2002
Hey Sharla! Good to hear from you. Sounds like the new job and new jeep are in order to support that change you are seeking!

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom