Chain Guide blocks for '99 KDX200 - where to get?

KelvinKDX

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 25, 2000
OK guys - where can i get (inexpensive) replacement wear blocks for the stock KDX chain guide besides Kawasaki dealer? I did some searching and have not come up with results.

I did find the OEM parts from cycle-parts.com for around $35. :eek:

Am i better off just getting a Fredette Chain Guide? How much better than stock is the FRP chain guide?

kevinkdx

Mar 25, 2001
you can get replacement blocks from dennis kirk and they are made my Moose. The one for your bike costs 17 bucks. fredette chain guides are 38 bucks. so it all is up to which one you think is a better deal. I do know that the moose ones hold up very well as i have them on a few of my bikes. the part # for the block is 38-0130 so if you want to look at them just go to http://www.denniskirk.com

Sage

dirtbike riding roadracer
Mar 28, 2001
the moose is a fredette, retail 38.95, the one listed above from D.K. for $17 is just the moose block for the inside of your stock guide (retail $17.95), but who pays retail?

Dennis Kirk has a hell of a deal, pay retail and get free shipping for orders over $100 dollars, at that rate why not use your local dealer?

Last edited:

Curtb

May 24, 2002
I like to drop by the local plastic house and pick up a block of 'Delrin' nylon or equvalent and then hacksaw and drill a block for about $5.00.
This brings me great personal satisfaction!

BRush

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2000
Did you say the OEM wear block is $17? Wow. A wear block for the Fredette guide is around $8 and you can flip it to the other side for extra life after one side gets worn down. Since each OEM wear block is costing you $9 more than the Fredette wear block, this may be one of those rare situations where you can justify shelling out for a cool aftermarket part on the basis that you'll eventually *save* money. ;)

Top Bottom