JWW

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 13, 2000
Very cool.

What type of bike is your boy riding? My son turned 10 last month and I would like to take him out to a track pretty soon. He rides a XR100...it looks like yours might be on the same bike.

Last edited:

holeshot

Crazy Russian
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 25, 2000
Whew, for a minute there, I thought KTMboy turned 10...... :confused:

f4iguy

Feb 17, 2002
Originally posted by RMjeff
Very cool.

What type of bike is your boy riding? My son turned 10 last month and I would like to take him out to a track pretty soon. He rides a XR100...it looks like yours might be on the same bike.

Hi rides an XR80, it's his first bike. He previously rode a few 50's a couple times, and I got him the XR a couple months ago.

JWW

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 13, 2000
Originally posted by bclapham
cool

hopefully a ride will get organised soon and you can meet up with the rest of the gang

Any interest in organizing a ride with the kids? I would really like to get my boy out there.

Ol'89r

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 27, 2000
Originally posted by RMjeff

Any interest in organizing a ride with the kids? I would really like to get my boy out there.

Great idea Jeff. We have a lot of second generation, & third generation riders coming up. My grandson, Max has an XR80 now and i've been wanting to put a ride together for the kids.

I know LT and several others that would be interested.

Any ideas on a good safe place.

Ol'89r

JWW

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 13, 2000
Originally posted by Ol'89r

Any ideas on a good safe place.

I have heard good things about Elsinore. I have never been there so I will need to rely on your opinions. I assume midweek would have less people.

On a sidenote.... My son and I will be at El Mirage this Saturday.

bclapham

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 5, 2001
elsinore is good in the midweek, but very busy at the weekends (i am led to believe).

my suggestion would be comp park. ive been the last three saturdays and its not too busy, but i still havent managed to convince anyone to come out and play there! the last two times was at the new facility, they have two or three tracks open now for the little ones ranging from pee wee upwards. they also have a couple of larger tracks for us bigger kids, the MXDN track rocks! there is also lots of open space to get the really small ones started, it has a nice family feel and atmosphere.

my advice would to go there in a couple of weeks, its all new so they are still putting the final touches on, but its coming on good.

i am definately sold on the place, ive just got to convince everyone else!

holeshot

Crazy Russian
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 25, 2000
I brought my 10 year old to Comp Park the weekend it opened (and heard complaints about how the Pee Wee track wasn't ready), but she will be vacationing in Canada for the next 5 weeks.

She rode the night poker run last weekend at the TWMC event (near Barstow), but I had to tell her to slow down so I could keep up. :o

f4iguy

Feb 17, 2002
Elsinore is definitely busy on the weekends. Tell me more about the big kid track at Comp park. I'm still a rookie so I like tabletops, I took a couple laps on the main track at Elsinore and had to roll almost everything.

F4iguy = big chicken

bclapham

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 5, 2001
f4i:

ive only been riding properly for a couple of months and i havent dared to do the main at elsinore yet. but the main at comp is big fun, lots of tables and stuff to learn on, it was a bit sandy and gave a good workout, but is firming up nice. you can go very fast without having to go large if you know what i mean! they are working hard on the other tracks also so there is loads to go at!

hopefully if i get back into the country on friday, i can organise a ride

later

bruce

Pvt Joker

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 29, 2002
Elsinore mid-week is very do-able and user friendly. I was just there today for the first time.

The 80 track was being used by riders of all skill levels and there was plenty of room for all. There were, at the most, a dozen riders on as many different types of bikes. 65's, 70's, 80's, 85's, 100's & big wheel bikes. My son took his first turns on a track today on his xr100. It was as good an environment for both first timers and experienced riders as I could have hoped for.

Both the main track and the vet tracks were open so there was plenty of room for beginners and experienced operators to ride.

I'm up for any group ride with the kids but if it does get crowded on weekends, I'd rather ride open spaces on the weekends and the tracks during the week, work willing.

bclapham

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 5, 2001
like i keep saying, the comp doesnt get too crowded on the weekends, in addition, they have sooo many tracks thet it makes it even better!

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom