EasyRyder

Jan 4, 2007
Newbie Bike choice dilema

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello members
I need some quick advice, I am considering 2 different bikes at the same price. A little history Ihave owned a KTM 125 EXC Two Honda Cr 250's and I am 165ilbs 58 years old i felt best on the KTM but Sold it recently and have regreted it since. My question is there are 2 bikes for sale a 99 Kawasaki KX 250 built to 265cc's a beast to kick over and a 2002 Honda CR 125 I only have been riding Dirt bikes for a year. I also own Street bikes that I have ridden for over 25 years. I plan to use the bike as a Trail bike i need your advice which bike should i get KX 250 or Cr 125??

Thanks for your help
E asyRyder

Reesknight

~SPONSOR~
Oct 31, 2002
For me there would be no question, the KX250, but I weigh quite a bit more than you. With the CR125, you will have to keep it on the pipe and be aggresive to have power, so I believe the 250 would make a much better trail bike, as you can still lug it, especially bored to 265. This is taking for granted that they are both in the same condition. Now which is a better deal is another matter as your comparing 3 years difference model years. You've owned 3 dirtbikes in 1 year?
Good luck with your decision.
John

EasyRyder

Jan 4, 2007
Yes the 3 bikes I purchased off craigslist they all needed a top end SoI got them cheap But these 2 bikes are in good working order both are asking $1100 I am 5'7" and have an inseam of 29 inches this is where my concerns are regarding the handleing of the Honda VS The Kawasaki

Thanks
EasyRyder

Reesknight

~SPONSOR~
Oct 31, 2002
EasyRyder said:
I am 5'7" and have an inseam of 29 inches this is where my concerns are regarding the handleing of the Honda VS The Kawasaki

Thanks
EasyRyder
I'm not sure there would be much difference in seat height, if any, between the two. The 07 YZ250 has a seat height of 39.1 inches where the 07 YZ125 has a seat height of 39.3 just for reference.

Top Bottom