CaptainObvious

Formally known as RV6Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 8, 2000
No-Toil. Best oil/filter cleaner combo you'll find.

Studboy

Thinks he can ride
Dec 2, 2001
I love No-Toil but don't use it on Uni filters, it is rumored that the No-Toil will eat the glue that bonds the filters.

Chili

Lifetime Sponsor - Photog Moderator
Apr 9, 2002
Originally posted by cr25096er
chilli do you use uni filters? lie when u used the mineral spirits was it a uni filter?

we currently have 8 filters betwen the 3 bikes we own 2 OEM, 1 Twin Air and 5 Uni Filters, all these filters see the same treatment for cleaning and oiling.

CaptainObvious

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 8, 2000
Studboy,

The no-toil/uni-filter rumor is just that, a rumor. I've been using the same uni-filters for years with no problems. In fact I prefer the uni's to the no-toil filters.

jmics19067

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 22, 2002
Are uni filters the ones that are separate foams that you can take apart? if they are I did have them come apart using notoil and the washing machine.

I am not sure if it was the hot water in the heavy duty cleaning cycle, the no toil itself or the combination. Had no problems with a stock filter,twin air? or white bros filters though with the same care.

CaptainObvious

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 8, 2000
Washing Machine!!! Man my wife would KILL me if i used the washing machine.

What's wrong with the sink and hand method? Only takes about 3 minutes vs. the soak, wask and rinse cycle.

Do you blow dry the tassles on your handle bars too?

jmics19067

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 22, 2002
5 air filters and shop/polishing cloths and buffing wheel bonnets get washed then I scrub down the basket and washed again then my work clothes go in, stop washer after the first cycle scrub down the basket again and rewashed then I move onto the socks, underware and work tshirts. Its usually a full day event just to open the garage doors for one week.

Top Bottom