rob3273

Sep 23, 2005
1998 CR 125: I just put a fresh top end together tonight and kicked it over, it started to run on the first kick and then the next 500 kicks absolutely nothing. I'm getting fire, good compression, and left no rags in any airhole. I just don't understand, it ran fine before, so it's evidently something that I did in the rebuild I guess? What do you guys think?

Rob

nickyd

Sep 22, 2004
it started first kick and then what? stalled right away? revved to the moon and stalled? went BAAWwwwwwwppft? it could just be a fouled plug OR it could be worse - hard to say without knowing how it stalled

nickyd

Sep 22, 2004
hmm, did you put the piston in correctly (forward orientation)?

did you measure it? or just put a stock size back in there?

how are you positive you have compression? did you test it or just go by feel?

rob3273

Sep 23, 2005
Nicky, I finally got it running, I just come in from riding on a awesome 62 degree November day LOL. Just in case someone else would have this problem I thought I would post what my solution was. When I pulled the plug cap off of the plug it pulled clean away from the coil wire, when I put it back together there wasn't enough coil wire there to make contact with the plug cap, well just enough to give me a weak spark but not enough to run. So I snipped the coil wire end exposing fresh wire and connected back to the plug cap and first kick it fired right up. Thanks for the suggestions!!!!!!

Rob

crazy4nitro

Aug 31, 2005
Happy Roosting....

Crazy

Top Bottom