TWRT

Sep 13, 2001
My son's 2000 yz250 is making a vibrating clutch noise. When in neutral and the clutch lever is pulled in, the noise subsides. Let the clutch out and a whirring, vibration can be heard/felt. I've looked at the manual and see that there is a bearing in the clutch and one on the inside of the transmission. I know I have to take it apart to determine the problem, but I was wondering if anyone has had a similar problem. I'm worried that once I get it apart, the problem may not be easily apparent. Maybe the rivets on the basket are wearing loose(does it have rivets holding the basket together)? I really hope the bearing on the inside of the transmission is not the problem, splitting cases is not one of my favorite things to do........

TWRT

Sep 13, 2001
Thanks, I will look at it carefully. He was complaining about the clutch having inconsistent pull (pull lever in same amount and sometimes the engine would stall, sometimes not.)

Dave H--

TWRT

Sep 13, 2001
Update:
The clutch basket was badly worn. The edges looked like a mean set of whoops........ That was causing the inconsistent feel.
The rivets holding the basket together were loose, making the basket wooble and vibrate and sound funny. I replaced the basket, basket bearing and plates/fibers.

Dave H--

Top Bottom