Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
:nod: Working on some newly taught lighting set-ups ..
(Spyderco Para Military Limited Edition)
Canon 1DsMkIII, Sigma 24-70, F11, 1/125, ISO100. 2 1600 watt strobes both right at 10 feet thru a white scrim, on white plexi.

Attachments

• para1.jpg
    para1.jpg
    132.9 KB · Views: 202

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
Bob - That looks fantastic. Any chance of seeing a picture of the lighting setup?

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
Thanks!

Kawidude

D'oh!
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 23, 2000
I really dig that look on the white plexi. Did you massage that shadow in PS at all? If not, it's a great look. Just a little contrast and a touch of shadow. Really nice.

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
Kawidude said:
I really dig that look on the white plexi. Did you massage that shadow in PS at all? If not, it's a great look. Just a little contrast and a touch of shadow. Really nice.
There is post involved, but it's only feathering the bottom edge of the reflection to reduce height and get a nice blend to zero "ink", converting the shadow and reflection to pure black and making it all transparent, so it can be used on any color background, I just happen to like it on white in this case. BUT... the shadow and reflection are real and captured in camera, ie; nothing fake, just cleaned a little. It was actually done pretty quickly and not to the studio standards, but not too bad. The lighting really allowed the texture of the materials to show.

The scales (handles) were masked and color corrected as well, for some reason the "Forrest Green" color G-10 material is super hard to capture, comes-out more tan or gray looking. I'm still a color noob, but happy with the outcome this time.

I took several, if I EVER get time at work to "practice", I'll post up some more at different angles/DOF, etc. We are incredibly busy, which is a good thing, but deadlines will put the hurt on ya. :cool:

Top Bottom