mxbundy

Sponsoring Member
Feb 16, 2001
Hemet, CA.
While I am at it anybody wanna go out to the District race at Red Mountain this weekend with me? :flame:

The conditions should be just right for the bunster to make his once a year apperance at a desert race..........NO DUST! :yeehaw:

bundy

PhastPhart

Dec 15, 2000
1. Don't ride faster than you can see.

2. Run 16 to 18 PSI for rocks

3. Camelback

4. Heavy duty tubes and handguards

5. Pace yourself. It's a two hour race.

What class will you ride? Beginers go one loop. Novices go two loops. Two loopers need pits with gas and goggles.

5 row start. Experts (red stripes) go first, then intermediates (yellow), Novices (green) , beginners (red numbers) and Quads. About ten to fifteen minutes between rows.

There will be a truck in front of the start. When the banner goes up, kill your engine. The banner stays up for at least one minute. When it drops, kick it and go! (See rule #1)

Red Mountain is famous for hidden rocks. Stay on the trail and pay attention to the danger markings.

See above answer. It's a 70 mile trail ride.............. on steroids.

We'll be with the 100's. Stop by.

Gregg 051

MelloYello

~SPONSOR~
Nov 22, 2002
1,2,3,4, CHECK. #5. 70 miles in 2-hours? You must be really PHAST!!:) Will there be a lot of WFO sections? I'd be hard-pressed to keep up a 35mph average on twisty trails. I'll be in Vet Novice. When the banner drops, I'm gonna push (e-button) and go.:laugh:

mxbundy

Sponsoring Member
Feb 16, 2001
Hemet, CA.
Thats how my race went!
I decided to run my KTM one last time, I havent got a big tank nor a sparky for the CRF yet. Plus I thought it would be fun to beat a couple of guys I know on the little 400.
Had a very good run to the bomd, maybe 3rd or 4th.
Got in behind a guy on a 500 and just motored!
Got passed by a couple of guys and passed a couple.
Came in to the gas stop after a cool mx section.
I was running as a guest of the Vikings and they did a superb job in the pits. Gave me a splash of gas, some much needed water and some clean googles.Got the word that I was about the 5th yellow plate in the pits.
Started out for the second loop and was just haulin.
I was finally getting used to the speeds that you have to carry in a desert race.
Wasent even tired. Then I spooted a guy on a yz-250 with a solid yellow jearsey that I remember from when he passed me in the first loop.
Great I thought, if I can get this guy I will for sure have a top 5 finish and maybe trophy my class. (4 strk )
Then disaster struck, I guess I must to have clipped a rock and it spun the dumb ass gear shifter and I was atuck in about 4th gear. So I stop to fix it and realise that my fanny pack is back at the truck, where my dumd self left it! :|
So with no tools I am forced to try and make the finish stuck in 4th gear. well it only takes about 10 miles untill I come to a hill with all kinds of guya layed out on it. I try to pick a clean line through all the carnage but it is no use, I make it to with in feet of the top and thats when the clutch finnally gives out.
I am done, I half to sit on the trail until about 2:30 until some one shows up to haul me in.
So lets just say that I had an off day :uh: !
I am sorry that my last race on the KTM had to end this way, but it is kinda ironic, because you see, my first race on it ended in the same way. I spun the shifter at the 29 palms grandprix last year on her maiden voyage, and recorded a DNF then too.
Oh well lets hope that the Honda treats me better.

bundy

Top Bottom