SPARKEY

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
May 7, 2001
I ordered springs break light switch and clutch guard for my new bike from Napper @ enduro engineering yesterday.
he set up with .44 for the forks and 8.8 for shock.

hopefully I can put them in this weekend.

I also measured the square key slot for the power valve
adjustment
if you are going to make a tool yourself the square is 0.195 inch or 4.83 mm, you should subtract .010 inch for clearance and fit.

Sparkey

BadgerMan

Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 1, 2001
SPARKEY said:
I ordered springs break light switch and clutch guard for my new bike from Napper @ enduro engineering yesterday.

Sparkey

I think I am going to be able to squeak by with the stock springs but I need to get some more time on the bike. The Racetech site says the fork springs will work for me but they have no info regarding suggested shock spring rates. As a matter of fact, nobody seems to have any concrete info on shock spring rates…………just a bunch of differing opinions. Static sag, rider sag, golden rules, straight rate, progressive rate, blah, blah blah.

I guess I have a lot to learn.

When we rode the Little M some time back, I thought both ends worked great until we hit that un-groomed section with the choppy whoops. I immediately began missing my Yamaha.

KTM Mike

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Apr 9, 2001
SPARKEY said:

hopefully I can put them in this weekend.
Sparkey

I have some new springs coming from Napper next week - though I ended up with .42 and 8.4...i would of thought you and I would be about the same. If you find those are to heavy of rates for you,and I find mine are still to soft, maybe we could swap!

Tim - yeah, all sorts of well intentioned advice on line! My head started to swim, so I just emailed Napper! You are a fair bit lighter than my lard butt, so you may indeed be OK with stock springs. With me being at least two steps to heavy for the rear springs, I had resorted to dialing in more compression dampening though to keep it up in the stroke in whoops, so it became harsher in the rocks and roots. It "worked" as a compromise I guess, but was a trade off.

Actually, Fred T pointed out the harshness I was choosing to ignore, when he rode my bike back to LMC after I busted my hand - it was that comment that got me thinking on the new springs. I am eager to try it out!

MWEISSEN

Whaasssup?
Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 6, 1999
I just got me another Orange Crush too! If'n yazall want un, I can tellya where ta git it! Thar's only 5 left! I think these would be nice up at Lansing Cycle club grounds eh?? Rig some EE handguard warmers an weez in bizness.

Attachments

• For the man that has it all in KTM.jpg
    For the man that has it all in KTM.jpg
    20.9 KB · Views: 97

tall1

Mi. Trail Riders
Nov 1, 2002
MWEISSEN said:
Gary, sorry about some of my advice, I thought you got a 250. When I read "cap nut" I realized you got a 200. Smitdog and SGJ_Johanson have 200's, they may have more advice as well. I still think the needle Fred mentioned works on the 200 the same way.

Mark, Fred and any one else that answered any of my questions, I appreciate all the input. Even though the bikes are different, most of the same mods are recommended for both models. From what I have read on this forum and KTM talk these bikes can have a smooth power band, and there are lots of options to get there.

I'm also considering a tall seat for it..... bikes seem to be a endless money pit.... :ahhh:

SGJ_Johansen

Mi. Trail Riders
Nov 28, 2004
T1,
I have the 03 200, I love it. I am running it just as it came from Lansing cycle. I did put the 46 tooth rear sprocket on though. My bike is chrisp, and pulls hard. I think that it would pull a 44 tooth rear real easy. I hardly ever use 1st or 2nd gear. It has to be real tight to get in to 2nd.

From what I understand KTM mellowed out the 200 in 04 and from riding Smitdog's bike it would seem to be the case. His bike was smooth and very nice. But stuff that I would ride in 4th on mine I was in 3rd with his, and it lacked that snap that I have. I have not ridden his bike since he added the mods to it though.

I read where you were looking at pipes, I believe the stock 200 pipe is so close to the FMF gnarly pipe that it is not worth the money to switch.(old ktmtalk threads on pipes) Guys that were putting pipes on were getting doma pipes. I really don't know what EE has for the 200.

Jetting can make alot of difference, I have never had to mess with mine, thanks to Napper.

I only wish I had another 20mph in it on top end.
I would ride it for a while and see if you get used to it before dumping tons of money into it.

Brian

Top Bottom