scar tissue

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 27, 2000
Come out and race for fun.

I'm going to run both D37 Grand Prix and Enduro events in 2006. There are 4 District Enduros and 6 District GPs plus our 8 TWMC Club Enduros. Eel and Thumbs I believe are going to run some of the Desert races instead of GP's along with the enduros.

As usual, I'll be posing the events in this forum all year. I hope somemore of you can make it out.These are alot of fun.

If you sign up in advance you save some cash. It's $20 for the first District card and only $ 12 for the 2nd. (at the races they are $30 each.)

Hope to see you guys out there. Especialy at the Prairie Dogs GP at Glen Helen. It's alot of fun racing on a tamed version of the main track.

The D37 site is:

http://www.district37ama.org/home.php

Boodac

~SPONSOR~
Oct 31, 2001
The Big 6 is now a Big 7 GP. Ill be doing the District GP's some desert scrambles and of course the Adelanto GP. No throwing darts for that last one. :moon: Scar I see you got hooked on the GP series. So which GP's are ypu planning on doing next year? Ill probably do most if not all. Im hoping to do the Jackrabits Scramble in Jaunary if I can get a house pass.

scar tissue

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 27, 2000
I've liked every GP I've entered. I wish Carlsbad was still going. I'll try to do most of them. If we are not at our work conference, I'll do taft. I'm definitely doing the Prairie dogs at Glen Helan again and we'll see from there. Aldelanto is always the same weekend as one of our Enduros so I've never done that one. I'll probrably enter both the Vet HWT (open) and the Reg HWT (open) class.

Sunday Club Type Location
Feb 05 Dirt Diggers Grand Prix Taft
Mar 05 Prairie Dogs Grand Prix Glen Helen?
Apr 02 Hilltoppers Grand Prix 29 Palms
May 07 Shamrocks Grand Prix LACR?
Sep 03 Vikings Grand Prix TBA
Oct 01 Viewfinders Grand Prix Ridgecrest
Nov 05 Prospectors Grand Prix Gorman

I believe the UEA enduro is in January. You should come out and do that.

Boodac

~SPONSOR~
Oct 31, 2001
Other than LACR, which is more of a MX type race, the rest of the series is a ton of fun. One of these days we will get Thumbs and Eel out to ride one. :nener:

holeshot

Crazy Russian
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 25, 2000
I might try a few GP's. Narrow, tight, rocky goat paths are just not my thing.

I'll need a new bike though.....

Boodac

~SPONSOR~
Oct 31, 2001
Hey there ya go Holeshot. If you guys arent planning on doing Taft in February we need to get together for Glen Helen. It's the closes race you will find in the GP series. besides, it would be a blast to have us all on the same line.

2strok4fun

Apr 6, 2002
I think I may be interested in Glen Helen, Id like to try a GP.

Boodac

~SPONSOR~
Oct 31, 2001
Glen Helen kind of sucked in 2004 after all the fires but it was a blast this year. So we have Scar, Holeshot & 2Strok and I, any others? The first three races of the series (Taft, Glen Helen & 29 Palms) are a lot of fun. LACR is ok if your a MXer. Racetown is fair but Ridgecrest and Gorman are a blast. The Vikings (Racetown) tried setting up a GP in the Tehachapi's this year but they couldnt get the permits in time. Now the Tehachapi's would make for a fun race.

Scar are you still going to be racing in the Vet class still? When do you get bumped up to the old guy division?

holeshot

Crazy Russian
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 25, 2000
Glen Helen looked pretty good last year, too bad I had to miss it. With my luck, this year's race (2006) will be a mudbath. :yikes:

Ohhh well....it'll be like an east coast race then.....

scar tissue

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 27, 2000
Sorry I don't get alerts anymore when you post to my thread.

Glen Helen was great fun last year. If your goign to try one, thats a cool one to do. Youget to race on teh track and hills and come down inforont of the grandstands. Plus in betwwene races you can see alot of the action.

I'll be in the Vet HWT and reg HWT. I'm 35. so it'll be a while before they let me into the 40 +. but we could all enter the Reg HWT division? Eel said last year he may be in for this year.

2strok4fun

Apr 6, 2002
scar tissue said:

Glen Helen was great fun last year. If your goign to try one, thats a cool one to do. Youget to race on teh track and hills and come down inforont of the grandstands. Plus in betwwene races you can see alot of the action.

I'll be in the Vet HWT and reg HWT. I'm 35. so it'll be a while before they let me into the 40 +. but we could all enter the Reg HWT division? Eel said last year he may be in for this year.

Yes, Id like to do GH, I figure a good venue to let the wife spectate and say "I thought you went faster". Im LTWT here, but maybe next season Ill big bore my way to HVWT.

the Eel

~SPONSOR~
Sep 23, 2000
scar tissue said:

It definitely looked like a lot of fun ... I'm game.

Boodac

~SPONSOR~
Oct 31, 2001
Now were talking. :cool: So for Glen Helen we have:

Me
Scar
Holeshot
2strok4fun
Eel

Should be a fun time and it was definately a fun race last year. Any others going to come on out to race the GP? How about some more of us old guys. I see a bunch of Vets but not a lot of you 40+ guys. If 40+ race isnt back to back to the Vet race I might race that as well in order to be in the same race as the group.

Boodac

~SPONSOR~
Oct 31, 2001
The list is growing and to be honest, I had a feeling you would be out there riding anyways Thumbs. Here's the updated list:

Me
Scar
Holeshot
2strok4fun
Eel
Thumbs

Any others want to race?

Top Bottom