Do you wear elbow/knee guards on race day?

Casper250

Motosapien
Dec 12, 2000
I was just wondering if everyone where's their protective padding on race day or only when practice? I just started wearing elbow and knee pads because i got tired of always having bruises. I must have fell on the same elbow 3 weekends in a row.

Anyway, i feel like the pads are a little uncomfortable but it's a tradeoff that I don't mind while practicing or free riding. But, come summertime, thoses pads are going to make it hotter then it already will be. Just wondering what everyone else does?

Danman

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 7, 2000
I were pads when I riding. I have elbow pads. They would not stay up so I cranked them on tighter and got arm pump. I saw and oldtimer that had a his ziptied to the bicep protector on his Chest protoector. It did the same thing and can ride now eithout them giving me arm-pump and they stay up were they should be. Its not any hotter with them on like your knee pads. speaking of those find some that are comfortable and have venting. The Thor force were vented very nicely. Combined with vented gear in the summer its not that bad as long as you get out early in the morn or late in the evening.

MayhemInNY

Feb 18, 2004
brake check said:
naw,them pads is fer sissies...i prefer the bruises and scrapes...the chicks dig scars...i always carry duct tape in case i get too big of wound

:laugh: As much as I love my one and only scar, which by the way took something like 45 stitches to close up, I have to disagree.. If the stitches weren't enough, being told I came close to losing my leg pretty much sealed the deal for wanting full gear which I should have got the first time around..

elf

Jun 7, 2003
Senior KX Rider said:
Every time I ride I put on all the armor I can get my hands on. :aj:

Me to. You can call me a sissy if ya want to, I aready have enough scars to impress.

GETMETOCA

Can't Wait For Tuesdays
Mar 17, 2002
I gear up completely and the one time I forgot to wear my elbow guards in an enduro....you guessed it. Rock Garden. Fall. Bruise.

mx547

Ortho doc's wet dream
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 24, 2000
must be a woods thing. i don't know any mxers that wear elbow guards. i never did.

Jeff Gilbert

N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 20, 2000
I wear everything except a helmet on race day, it messes my hair up. :joke:

On race days I will sometimes wear an under jersey chest protector unless the track is hard pack or there is rocks in the dirt, is that case I'll wear the outter CP. Reguardless of which I wear, I always wear one of them. I have on occassion worn both. I don't wear the elbow guards, can't make them stay in place.

Top Bottom