LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
:cool: :cool:

bsmith

Wise master of the mistic
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 28, 2001
Awesome Junkman!

I wish I would have taken some videos years ago!

So why do you use the transfer wagon vs dump directly in the trucks? It's flat and straight, I figured you could dump on the move?

TheJunkMan

Jul 9, 2003
bsmith said:
Awesome Junkman!

I wish I would have taken some videos years ago!

So why do you use the transfer wagon vs dump directly in the trucks? It's flat and straight, I figured you could dump on the move?

Most of that footage was taken at the end of the field just as we were getting done.

We do uload on the go, when the field will permit it. Our ground is somewhat rough and some have terraces that make it harder. Also we don't like driving our trucks in the field.

Plus me and my sister have been off the farm for going on 10 years now, so its just my Mom and Dad doing everything, where as before me and my sister left for college and start our own carrers the rank and file went Dad=Combine, Me= KW W900 tractor trailer semi/F9000 tripple axle truck/grain kart, Mom=grain kart/F600 single axle truck, Sister=F600 single axle truck/parts running in the pickup. With the 4 of us we could shuttle trucks back and forth pretty efficently to keep the combine constantly moving. Of course that is when their is no line to unload at the elevator.

Some of our fields are upto 30 miles away from the "farm", on those places we sometimes don't bring the grain kart and just all the trucks/trailers and just fill them all up and then make one big trip to town/elevator.

On my wife's side of the family they breed cattle and have an anual bull sale. Here is a two part video about their 30th anual sale.

Part 1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PoPCc33Rpv4
Part 2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5y54-qpU-4E

Rooster

Today's Tom Sawyer
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 24, 2000
Man, I love the old equipment, brings back some great memories of farming in Iowa. The coop elevators were the best, as a kid I marveled at the legs and conveyors how they could move so much grain so fast.

bsmith

Wise master of the mistic
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 28, 2001
I grew up with hay, so worked for huge Grain farmer during harvest, about 30 days long. Used to love going up the one man counter weight elevators!

However I seemed to always be stuck at the silo with the old farmall, running a super long auger that dumped into a roof auger. Had to get the tractor started and engage PTO, open gate a bit, run to silo and turn on the roof auger, run back to truck and open gate more. Then undo everything when truck was empty. Couldn't let roof auger run empty or let the grain get up there first and spill over.

Good times!!

Top Bottom