nikki

Moto Junkie
Apr 21, 2000
From www.supercross.com - photos by Scott "This week the USA, next week Germany!" Cox

Jeremy McGrath's first ride on KTM - Thursday, September 5th, Barona Oaks Raceway in California

Attachments

• mc1.jpg
    mc1.jpg
    41 KB · Views: 597

nikki

Moto Junkie
Apr 21, 2000
More photos HERE

Attachments

• mc2.jpg
    mc2.jpg
    33.5 KB · Views: 595

MX-727

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 4, 2000
Cool pics. This reminds me, what happened to Thor/AST? I haven't heard anything about them or seen there logo since the very early part of this year.

yzeater

~SPONSOR~
May 21, 2001
I don't like those blue graphics with the orange but hey, I'm colorblind! Does the KTM 250SX have a 1piece rr fender and number plates?

Vic

***** freak.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 5, 2000
Coolish. :cool: :thumb:

bclapham

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 5, 2001
i wonder if these photo were took before he broke his triple clamps! But cool all the same, i just hope Dobb and Crockard have done enough development work to get that bike running good, RC needs a challenge.

note added in proof: i just read the date was from friday 5th, local rumours had the bail followed by broken triple clamp incident from a couple of weeks ago (at Barona Oaks btw)

Last edited:

Big Tuna

Nov 29, 2000
:cool:
bclapham, I read that the '03 250 sx was brand new from the bottom up, and that Langston, who was on the fence pending the '03 bike, approved of the bike, and stuck with KTM.

JUSTRIDE415

~SPONSOR~
Oct 26, 2001
bike looks :thumb: rider looks :scream: ummm not as good as the bike
CAREER MOVE- WORSE THAN HIS LOOKS iTHINK THE KTM WHICH IS NOT PROVEN WILL NOT HELP HIM

stormer94

~SPONSOR~
May 30, 2001
Not trying to start trouble, but why is it that MC can go to KTM and we are all cool. When RC went to Honda, he was considered by many (not me) to be a sellout bum and a loser.

I can see that MC is a better TV personality, so maybe that helped, but RC has been working on his personality, and I'm happy to see that. (I think you can buy 'personality' from MX South, it's in with the levers... you have to poke around to find it...) :confused:

So what's the dealio?

MX-727

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 4, 2000
I thought about this and I've come to the conclusion that there are several factors.

1) The fact that the switch happened before the Nationals even started, when RC was in the middle of the SX championship battle, didn't sit well. It came across as a very disloyal act. Motorcyclist are a very brand loyal bunch.

2) The big talk was about the money, so it appeared that Honda was buying a champion. Why do so many people hate Steinbrenner or Jerry Jones?

3) RC had a personality problem. He has improved and he has pretty much silenced his critics with an unbelievable season.

4) MC has switched bikes before, this is his fifth brand. When he left Honda, he upset a lot of people.

5) MC isn't making the switch while on top so this switch is seen as an attempted solution, which everyone can understand. Ricky didn't appear to have a problem that needed solving.

That's my take on the dealio. :)

nikki

Moto Junkie
Apr 21, 2000
Originally posted by FMFHonda161
Those bud light graphics look stupid but otherwise, i hope jeremy rips it up! Thanks nikki

Those supposedly aren't the "final" graphics - they just wanted to get something together for a press release/photo shoot type of thing. So expect something a little different by the time the US Open rolls around in a few weeks.

Stormer... good question... but I think 727 made some good points... especially the fact that RC had been on green bikes his whole life and the RC was in the middle of winning championships when he made the switch.

zio

Mr. Atlas
Jul 28, 2000
Originally posted by JUSTRIDE415
bike looks :thumb: rider looks :scream: ummm not as good as the bike
CAREER MOVE- WORSE THAN HIS LOOKS iTHINK THE KTM WHICH IS NOT PROVEN WILL NOT HELP HIM

Say what? :think:

JUSTRIDE415

~SPONSOR~
Oct 26, 2001
Say What?
I'm saying kTm doesn't have the rsearch money or development or time that yamha,honda, or suzuki has had.
I also think the bike looks great. I like kTm too

Mc did switch at the top remember 1996 he went fromn honda too suzuki. Waity he lost on the suzuki after having the best year of his career on the honda :|

RedBull

Viva La Revolucion!
Nov 14, 2001
Im not to fond of MC he has talent dont get me worng i just think he has a big head IMO. But i really do hope he can compete with RC its kinda pissing me off that RC is just flying theirs no more competition insteed of seeing the "fight for 1st" we just see the second place fight. its like RC has made 2nd into 1st with his speed go MC i wanna see a race!

marcusgunby

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 9, 2000
I heard talk of mc lapping 2 seconds quicker on the KTM-if a bike made me 2 seconds a lap faster i would buy one in a heatbeat-2 seconds at his level is like 20times more than any mod he could have put on his YZ.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom