_SOLO_

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 15, 2000
After coming home from an awesome week of riding at Cooperland I find out that one of my schoolmates died on the 4th. He played on my football team in the 7th grade and we were pretty good friends up until I went to high school then we sort of lost touch.

I found out that he was with some of my friends who were goofing off trying to race and passing each other at high speeds. One of them swerved in front of the other too close and their truck flew off of the road hitting a big tree. There were four people in the truck (driver, one passenger in the middle, another on the left, and one kid in the back.) and none of them were wearing seatbelts. Nobody was seriously injured except for shane, the truck had gotten smashed up so bad that the dash pinned him in. He died about half an hour later on the way to the hospital from head trauma.

Now I have four friends at my school that have to live with what they did that day for the rest of their lives, and everybody else can only remember him. It really hit home, this is the third death in three years at my school and it makes you think.

Everybody please be safe, wear your seatbelts and don't drive crazy. Get your kick's on the track, not on the road. I am missing a friend because of some kids that think they are invincible. :whiner:

Milk

Looking for Mr. Right
Jun 28, 2002
Man, that sucks Solo. Sorry for your loss. Unfortunately, cars are dangerous. I can remember all of the stupid stuff I did when I was a younger driver. I think Im lucky to be alive and stories like this prove it. Hang in there lil daddy.

Honda26

Mar 17, 2002
sorry about your friend but 3 deaths in 3 years is only a dream at my high school... i think three ppl get shot or stabbed or run off the road every week it seems like. these ppl are crazy here.

crkid

~SPONSOR~
Oct 14, 2001
We've had a number of deaths that hit home in the past 2 years here. We had a senior last year get run over by his girlfriend as he tried to walk to talk to her. She pulled out of the parking space and ran him over in the parking lot, and he was in front of the car.

Everyone pay attention to what you're doing out there.

I agree with Milk though, I'm lucky to be here right now.

linusb

~SPONSOR~
Apr 20, 2002
Ditto what Milk said. I drove like a complete moron for the first two years that I had a license. I lost control of my 82 Civic on two different occasions at high speeds while racing/showing off and was fortunate each time to not crash. I had something like 4 or 5 accidents during this period of time. I truly feel like I'm lucky to be alive. Damn I was stupid and irresponsible. Had I hurt someone, I don't know how I would have lived with myself.

WaltCMoto

Sponsoring Member
Jan 1, 2001
Sorry to here this Solo. :whiner:
Its a tough part of young life to deal with and understand. My next door neighbor lost his life at 16 to a tree. (drinking and high speeds involved)
Around here its also about 1 high school kid a year to end their life in a car messing around. Sad but true, the next generation just doesnt learn from their elders. No insult to todays teens, I thoght I was invincible for a few years also. (17-20yrs of age)

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom