Status
Not open for further replies.

razrbakcrzy

Aug 12, 2004
Go to this site click the top link you will get the page of the River front grand prix. Have Fun! I think my boys want me to race with them in the 100 mile 3 man atv team race on saturday I'll have to see about that.

http://www.rfgp.com/

Jim :ride:

TreeTalker

May 8, 2004
Jim, thanks for the info. Looks like I will make it to the race, I will be on vacation during that time. Hope to see you there. Lee

razrbakcrzy

Aug 12, 2004
The race organizer say he should be posting the entry form any day now.

Sawblade

Timmy Timmy Timmy!
Sep 24, 2000
Jim,
I looked at the flyer on-line and its a little hard to read. I'm assuming you can sign up the day of the race? If the temperature holds on and its not to wet two other old motocross riders and my self may try are had at our first GP.

Where's the Oklahoma Heartland Spodes? I thought they ate these kind of race's for lunch. ;)

TreeTalker

May 8, 2004
Well I will be there now that I got over the brain fart I had on the other post about OKC. I think this will be a fun race, not to bad a course Mike laid out. It has a few spots that are a little tough simply because it is slick. Other than that not bad at all. Plenty of places to pass or if you ride like me, "GET PASSED". Think you guys will like it over all.

Just have to watch out for "THE LAKE" you have to cross or take the long way around....lol After 3 laps around on Saturday I thought I would give this HUGE mud hole a try to see how deep it was. I got about 10 feet from making it across when I hit a deep rut that the 4 wheelers had made during the summer. Well in the drink I went, all the way under twice before I was able to get my footing under me. Let me tell you it was DAMN COLD, lol My buddy thought it was the best laugh he has had in ten years. NOTE TO SELF " Don't ride with friend's who will sit and die of laughter before they decide to help a fellow out" lol Anyways, just watch out for that area when you get to it. Hope to see you fellows there.

Also Jim if you are interested in riding it before the race let me know. I will be free this Thursday and Friday all day. Thanks.....Lee

razrbakcrzy

Aug 12, 2004
Hey,

Spodes if ya'll have time stop by we'll sling the "BS" a while. I should be there both days saturday my boy's are going to race in the junior atv team event. Sunday just to watch. I think the course will be challenging but not impossible. Most of the course is a silty type of sand and dirt mix. it will drain well. This type of terrain gives alot of traction in the wet, but there are areas where the thick, greasy Arkansas bottoms mud shows its ugly head so be cautious. I'll try to remember to post a sign for all the Heartland spodes.

Jim

TreeTalker

May 8, 2004
Jim, that's some good info on the track. I think a little pam on the fenders will go a long way in keeping the extra pounds off. Also unless you have other plans we could park in the same area and post a sign like you mentioned. I'm not sure if I have my wife talked into being my pit girl or not. For some reason she wouldn't go for cleaning my goggles and feeding me....lol I will have to work on that one, maybe if I bribe her with a nice dinner out after the race she might come with me. If not then I will be on my own. Wouldn't mind the company, besides we may end up helping each other out of the mud holes......or you could just sit and get a good laugh watching me flounder around in the mud. Let me know if you have other plans. Also as for this weekend, read the other post about OKC Draper. I will be gone this weekend to ride at the 500. I will be looking to ride at Ft.Smith the friday after Thanksgiving. Would like to get one last ride in before the race. Thanks Lee

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom