Obie

Jan 6, 2002
Does anyone know what type of gasket sealant Kawasaki uses on thier base and head gaskets? I am rebuilding my top end for the first time on a 2002 kdx 200 and I noticed it is some type of a clear silicone or something. If nobody knows what Kawi uses can anyone make any suggestions???

Obie

knobbytracks

Oct 29, 2001
Obie,
Just wondering why you're rebuilding the top end of the 2002 already? How often should one rebuild the top end of any of the newer (say 95-02) KDX's? I just bought my 2001 200 in Sept. so I'm a newbie. Please let me know of any other tips. Thanks.

owenlo

Oct 28, 2001
FOLLOWING MANUAL

just following manual and for a good reason, found four deep scratches in cylinder. now ready for reassembly. Kawi took care of cylinder.

owenlo

Oct 28, 2001
NO IDEAS?????

Should I use nothing at all??? Is that what I am hearing???Or should I use a sealant of some sort, If so what kind???:debil:

Jay-R

Nov 27, 2001
I am rebuilding the top end on my 01 CR 125 right now, and I am going to use the permatex spray gasket sealant, comes in a spray can from autozone. Sprays a thin red tacky sealant on gaskets. I have had good luck using this before on base gaskets, but I didn't use it on the head gasket last time (but that was a four stroke w/metal head gasket). I will probably use it on the head gasket on the two stroke since it is not multi-layer metal.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom