CuzinMike

Dec 27, 2006
1) your physical size - 6'5" 190lbs
2) How physical / aggressive are you ? - Not very.
3) what do you plan to ride- MX/SX tracks, woods, fields with friends or ????? - Tight, rocky woods.
4) Do you have any riding experience? - 10 years off road experience, but haven't ridden seriously since 1998. About 5 years dual - sporting/commuting (easy gravel roads).
5) Do you think you will race ? - Maybe the odd enduro or HS, just for fun.
6) Are you mechanically inclined and will you be doing your own bike work? - Yes and yes.
7) Do YOU have a preferance to a brand/ motor choice (2 or 4 stroke)? - Leaning towards a 2T, but open for suggestions.
8) Do you have a dealer close by your home that you might use and what brand(s) does he carry? - All major brands available.
9) How much do you plan to spend on a bike?- up to $4000
10) anything else that you think would help form an opinion - Well, I was a fairly serious woods rider as a kid and teenager, but never raced. I got out of off road riding in 1998 when I sustained a fairly serious shoulder injury. I got into street riding in 2000 and slowly worked my way into dualsport and adventure riding. I currently own a 2005 Suzuki DR650 which I ride about 10,000 miles a year 50/50 street and easy dirt. The bike is just too heavy for the kind of trail riding I used to do, so I'd like to get something lightweight and legal for national forest riding. I like tight, technical riding and would prefer a bike that's not too time-consuming and expensive to maintain. Any opinions would be appreciated. Thanks.

CuzinMike

Dec 27, 2006
Thanks for the response. The KDX has been at the top of my list (Still looking to find a used one locally so I can actually sit on one). The KTM 2Ts are definitely popular, but I'm just not sure if they might be a bit too hyper for someone who's only gone trail riding once in the last 9 years?

Nov 25, 2006
Possibly. They do have a bit of a motocross type hit. You're quite tall, you might find yourself cramped on the kdx. There are always a few on ****, just wait for one.

Top Bottom