Got a Nov 15th or 22nd proposal for you monday riders.

YZMAN400

Dec 2, 2003
Now with Bang bang season soon to be apon us the smart money is to stay outta the woods. Well no one ever said I was the smart one in the litter.

What I am proposing is a Nov 15th or 22nd monday trail ride :yikes:

How are we gonna pull that one off you say. Well let me tell ya. We will meet at the trailhead of your choosing (preferably something close like C.C. or Horse Shoe) at 6:00pm. Yes I said PM. I am talking a single track night ride by headlight :laugh:

The laws state that we cannot be out in the woods riding during the day while the hunters are out (except from 11:00am-1:00pm but I aint brave enough to try it). But they cannot hunt at night and we can ride at night.

So all you Monday riders that have working headlights sound off and be heard. Cause I am definately up for a night ride. It has been way too long.

And if Woodsy or Larry ask nice I may have a spare headlight bike that I can bring along. I know some of your lighting is bare minimal. Either one of ya can ride the YZ400 with 100 watts of lighting, or I will ride the big thumper and you 2 can fight over skippy. How is that for dangling a piece of meat in front of ya :nener:

Don Marsh

~SPONSOR~
Jun 5, 2001
Sounds interesting!
Ride at nite in the woods where men with guns & beer might decide to use you for target practice for disturbing their peace.
Hopefully the "Flying Brick" is faster than a speeding bullet!
Don

woodsy

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 16, 2002
Pick up the ball and GO FOR IT YZMAN!!!!! :laugh:
Also, its almost time for our winter time night rides :yeehaw: You have my undivided attention brother!!
At this time, I am suppose to be in the deer woods "up north" with my folks and Brother... My father isnt in the best of health so nothing is for sure on that - I will know more as time approaches.. I will indeed let all the other Monday Riders know of your offer though... If that YZ isnt taken when the ride approaches I may very well take you up on the kind offer -Kadies headlight is, shall we say minumally at the low end of the scale and that 100 watter sounds like a real HOOT!!!! I have a sneaking hunch that Larry will beat me to it though as his CR has NOTHING for a light - not that night riding without one is impossible but without snow on the ground to illuminate things it can get dangerous :moon:
I am going to try and get a BIG OUTPUT headlight on Blipy too. She has that high output factory stator - hey, maybe the pig will be a good for something (night riding) ;)
You da man YZMAN!!
Woodsy

Godzuki

Sep 22, 2004
i would like to buy yzmans headlight kit for his yz, if and when he decideds to sell it. until then or i get one for my yz then ill wait out the night riding thing. but have fun remember to wear your orange hehe those with ktms are exempt of course.

woodsy

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 16, 2002
GREAT GADS GODZUKI - I can see next years KTM ad already - "KTM - The Only Bike Legal For Riding During Gun Deer Season".. Of course, that means that Kamo Kadie's are the only legal scoot for bow season :ride:

YZMAN400

Dec 2, 2003
The Yz is one step closer to beeing ready for som night riding. Spent most of the morning today mounting up the FMF Megamax II exhaust, straight bars, moose handguards, tailight, headlight, new rear sprocket, carbon fiber case guard, kickstand, diskguard. It is looking more and more like a woods bike. Chain should be here Tuesday and it will be good to go.

I even got ambitious and worked on my studded snow tires a little. Yea a little ahead of myself. But its soo much nicer studding tires it when its warm outside.

woodsy

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 16, 2002
Yeppers, that would be my good buddy YZMAN - always one step ahead of the ballgame :yeehaw:
I am getting VERY anxious to get the Kold Kutters on too Don!! There is nothing like the feel of ridng on rails!! ;)
Maybe see you in the a.m?? Ted called a little while ago and I was telling him that I thought we may have 6 riders - he said he thought you maybe coming too.....
I rode over to Horseshoe today, thought I may bump into Mark but no avail...

YZMAN400

Dec 2, 2003
Thats a big negatory for me tomorrow. I gots to work. Have a good time out there....wherever there ends up beeing.

woodsy

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 16, 2002
Thats what I thought YZMAN but I sure wasnt about to doubt that Young Ted... Dont worry, I will take a few extra wrong turns out there just for you :rotfl:
Kadie is loaded and the squiirrels are thawed out :moon:

MWEISSEN

Whaasssup?
Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 6, 1999
woodsy said:
I rode over to Horseshoe today, thought I may bump into Mark but no avail...

Darn! Sorry I missed you, I was going to call you but got started later than I wanted to (2pm), now I wish I would've! I ended up at Cedar, had a good time, although the bike was a little juicy on the first loop. After a rejet, I had an even better second loop, I felt the best I've felt health-wise since this spring! I could've gone again if the sun and my gas supply would've cooperated a little better (good thing I put a 3 gallon tank on Christie, she just loves drinking dead dinosaurs)!

woodsy

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 16, 2002
:) that wicked smile on her face makes me think she could really enjoy some fresh stuff Mark!!! :eek:
We will have another chance brother - PROMISE!!

YZMAN400

Dec 2, 2003
Well weather permitting I am planning on a monday night ride. Somehow with someone. I am gonna call....scratch that...stop by Grows and talk to Randy tomorrow and see if he is in. Woodsy you or Larry are still welcome to one of my bikes if you wanna go/able to go. Sounds like you are still having back troubles so that is your call.

Yz (the 400 not me) is ready as is Skippy. Last I heard sounded like Inca was in also.

So lets get some plans made assuming the weather aint too fowl (not that it ever stoped me before)

INCA

~SPONSOR~
Sep 1, 2003
All I need is time and place as the date, 22nd., is fixed. Weather be darned, GPS we're riding.

Young Ted

woodsy

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 16, 2002
Ol Woodsy is going to be in New York City while you guys are playing in the woods.. My daughter has an interview at Cornell Med School Tuesday a.m. (she already got an acceptance letter from the U of M but wants to look at Cornell too :worship: ) so there is no way out of this one...
Last I spoke to Larry he said he wants to ride. Does 6:30 p.m. at Cedar sound about right Don?? If it does, I will let Larry know or you can give em a jingle (Wild Wood Marine in North Muskegon @ 744-5435). I know his only "lit" bike is his old Husky 125 so he would probably REALLY enjoy your bike :aj:
I spoke with Randy thursday night. He and his wife had just returned from a night street ride and they HIT A DEER!!! Doing about 45, Randy was able to keep the bike upright so neither of them (he or Linda) were hurt :yeehaw: Killed the deer deader then my TTR's powerband!!!!
Hey Nelson, better get that headlight turned down onto the trail. I think its illegal to be shining for squirrels at this time of the year :moon:
Ya'll have fun!!
Woodsy

woodsy

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 16, 2002
Say INCA, what happened to your signature??? It was looking pretty fancy there Timer!!! :laugh:

YZMAN400

Dec 2, 2003
Last I talked to Huby he said we could stage right outta his house for this ride. And even if Huby cant ride we can still stage outta his house. I am sure he wont mind. The Holton trail goes right thru his back yard. That is the one I / we are thinking of riding.

I talked to Randy today and gave him directions to Chris's. Randy didn't know if he was up for it or not. Apparently he and his wife had a unexpected meeting with a deer while riding on his street bike this week. They are fine just maybe a little shook up.

As for directions that may be a toughy. Huby's is a little hard to find and I dont have the adress for him. In a nut shell you go north on US-31 outta Muskegon. Get off on the Russel Road Exit and head North. As you head north you will pass a red light, then a gas station (on the left) and hit a stop sign (2 way stop). Boondocks bar is on this corner. Continue north on Russel about 3-5 miles from the stop sign to Holton Whitehall road. Turn right. The road curves a bit, straightens out then goes down a small hill. Chris's driveway is about 1/2 way down the hill on the south side of the road (right hand side). It is a long dirt driveway. You cant see his house from the road. His house is on a hill and is a log cabin style.

Otherwise just wait at Us-31 and Russel road for me to come thru at about 5:30pm and follow me there. There is a old school house on Russel just north of the highway that makes a good place to wait.

Mondays looking to be a fair day weather wise so far. Keep our fingers crossed.

Oh yea.... Dont forget your headlight :)

INCA

~SPONSOR~
Sep 1, 2003
INCA is with me,
At Russel Rd. school yard we'll be.
The banner Woodsy's Delight,
You'll see at a 10 ft. height.

The headlight is down low,
So I can see where to go.
Although Woodsy will be away,
We'll still go and play.

Young Ted

INCA

~SPONSOR~
Sep 1, 2003
Hi Skippy - Heard the boss laughing all the way from the house. I'll be on the way before noon and looking forward to seeing you once more.
Feeling fine, Inca

Top Bottom