cnl83

Nov 16, 2005
Ok, I am not a mechanic so I need some help. Around the rubber boot that apears to connect the head to the water pump thingy. Well, after about two hours of riding, I noticed a leak coming down from that area. couldnt tell if it was oil or gas cause I had dirt and sand caked in it. I was hoping someone could tell me what goes through that boot, and if there is anyone to secure that boot with a silicone or something, cause its kinda lose.

Thanks

QKENUF4U

Nov 13, 2005
if im thinking of the same thing you are then its your power valve actuator mechanism under that boot. not much you can do other than make sure its not leaking about one of the seals under that boot.

cnl83

Nov 16, 2005
Well, I kinda removed the boot, and it was a little wet with oil. Wasnt much, enough to get my fingers dirty with it. Should it be clean of anything at all?

QKENUF4U

Nov 13, 2005
ffrom what ive seen they always have gunk under them. as long as its not sucking air into the cylinder its not a problem. leave the cover off, start the bike and spray carb cleaner around the actuator rod. if the bikes idle doesnt change/die then its fine.

Top Bottom