BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
This was an absolutely great course.  A mix between XC, MX, and road race.  Dead engine start, half mile of grass track then 3/4 mile of asphalt.  Transition to dirt for a second and back onto the asphalt for 3/4 mile. Then into the woods.  Woods to grass track to MX then back on the road course.  Then back into the enduro type trails, tight rocky, rooted, sloppy.  After a mile of this your back on the road course for a 1/2 mile and then 1.5 miles of woods and grass.
Unfortunately, the Mamba leaned way out and I burned the top end running sixth overall.  I was gaining on people in the woods but was geared to low for the asphalt.  I only ran 3/4 throttle on the asphalt  but that proved to be too much.  I DNF'd half way thru the third lap.  I got thru a bottle neck of riders in the woods and had a two minute interval on the next rider when the top end went.:(  I will do this one again next year.
I would have taken the 450 but didn't have any armor on it.  Hind sight says I should have done it anyway.  The rocks were not near as bad as I had invisioned and hand guards would have been plenty. 
If you are able to make it for next years, do it!  It is quite a rush running the asphalt and then back into the woods. 

justql

Sponsoring Member<BR>Club Moderator
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 23, 2000
Sorry to hear about that Brian. I know you were looking forward to the race. What's this going to do to you for next weekend??

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
I'm going to tear the top end down this afternoon and check it out. If I can get parts by Wednesday I'll take the KX. If not, I'll put the handguards on the YZ and be careful.(shrug)

mx547

Ortho doc's wet dream
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 24, 2000
Originally posted by BSWIFT
If not, I'll put the handguards on the YZ and be careful.

i see that i have failed in my efforts to convert you to a motocrosser. a motocrosser would just ride anyway. we don't need no stinkin' hand guards. :think:

mx547

Ortho doc's wet dream
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 24, 2000
brain, do you realize what you did to yourself? you didn't go to sunset because you heard that people were burning up bikes there in the soft dirt. :eek:

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
Yeah, yeah, I new you would say that.

motox757

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 14, 2001
Originally posted by justql
Sorry to hear about that Brian. I know you were looking forward to the race. What's this going to do to you for next weekend??

Where's is everbody riding this coming weekend?

Top Bottom