ajdrummer

Oct 3, 2005
hey im frome columbia sc and new to dirt biking
im 19 years old and 5'8" 125lbs
looking at geting a yamaha ttr-125 l
i have a few ?s
what do yall think of the 125? how does it compare to the kawasaki 125 or the suzuki 125 (they look kinda close just dif colors)?

um on the web site (yamaha) they say u have to get the 125le to get electric start but also
suspension/front adjustable preload
suspension/Rear Single shock; 6.6" travel; adj. rebound & compression
WHAT does that mean and do i want to spent the $200 extra for it
thanks and hope to be :ride: soon

High Lord Gomer

Poked with Sticks
Sep 26, 1999
The TTR might be a little small for you. Depending on what kind of riding and how aggressive you are, you might want to consider a few others.

Have you ridden a TTR125, yet?

If you want to come out with us sometime, you can try a few different ones to get a better idea of what really suits you.

ChopperDave

It's been awhile...
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 1, 2004
The TTR125 will most assuredly be to small for you, mainly in the power department!!!

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
Welcome to the site :cool:

Be sure and go to your User CP and update information relating to your location, type of riding, etc. After that grab a spot on the couch and tell us a bit about yourself. How long you have been riding, what kind of riding you prefer, where you are located, etc. We will do our best to hook you up with some fellow dirt bike enthusiasts.

Before you purchase a bike, check out the What Bike Do I Get... ? forum for great information on what dirtbikes might suit your needs and desires. There is a great group of folks that hang out in there always willing to help a newbie to the sport. Dave and Gomer are on target, the TTR is too small. My daughter does rides one as a rank beginner with maybe a couple of hours of total time on it to date. She will completey outgrow it when the day comes that she spend one full day on the bike. BTW - she is approximately your size.

Also, the TTR is a completely different bike than the other bikes you mention.

Again, welcome to the site and shout if you have any questions! We are always willing to talk bikes!!

Top Bottom