01KX250Rider

Mar 29, 2004
Hey Im 20 from MA new here, Used to have a kx80 when i was about 12-13 and was scared of it...crashed it into a tree and promptly sold it...However, i got the itch to ride about a year ago and was set on buying a 125 for this summer...anyway i looked and looked for one in my $ range, found an 01 for 2600$ awesome...but it was a 250...i hardly knew how to ride...should i buy the 250 KX i thought??? why the heck not, anyway, I've had it about a month...I ride it EVERY day, i am addicted to my new suicide machine (even though it constantly tries to loop me off the back), this site is like GOD to me, this site has taught me how to ride up front when wfo and how to turn on a dime, use the clutch to my advantage...all the info all you people give is just awesome! Thank you all for posting your own near death experiences and tecniques for becomming a good mx rider...I visit the site daily and get constant new info to go try on the trails after work...just wanted to say Thanks again...Anyone in ma wanna ride email me im always up for trying new things. :)

kmccune

2-Strokes forever
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 3, 1999
Welcome to DRN, Sounds like your hooked :)
Yes this is a great information site as well as generally fun place to hang out.

Sit as far forward as you can and grip the tank with your knees, roll the throttle instead of just cranking it wide open until you get a feel for the powerband. Maybe you know this but maybe not.

See ya around :thumb:

01KX250Rider

Mar 29, 2004
Rollin Throttle

The first time i cranked it in 2'nd i thaught i was already at the top of the damn gear(I wasn't)...holy crap, Now i am a powerband addict...still scared of course! :-) :thumb:

GETMETOCA

Can't Wait For Tuesdays
Mar 17, 2002
Welcome to DRN - Yep, this place sucked me in pretty hard too!! lol.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom