HI, im a roadracer with a dirtbike in SC

racer65x

Aug 22, 2005
i rode dirtbikes as a kid, but have been roadracing for the past 8 years. just got a 1994 cr 250. having trouble gettin the suspension right. i am 225lbs. yes i know, heavy! anyway, this place is great. lots of info. look forward to talking to you guys. any one in South Carolina? upstate, Greenville area. drop me some mail. would love to ride with some peeps. thanks, see ya in the dirt!

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
Welcome to the site :cool:

Be sure and go to your User CP and update information relating to your location, type of riding, etc. After that grab a spot on the couch and tell us a bit about yourself. How long you have been riding, what kind of riding you prefer, where you are located, etc. We will do our best to hook you up with some fellow dirt bike enthusiasts.

Check out the General Bike Repair forum for good info and great folks always willing to help out, answer questions or just offer support. Also, peruse the Suspension Q&A with Jeremy Wilkey forum for more specific information.

Check out the Southern Spodes forum for opportunities to hook up with fellow DRNers right there in South Carolina. Some of our best and brightest live nearby.

Again, welcome to the site and shout if you have any questions!

dante

Mar 24, 2004
welcome to drn... I rode allot of street before getting serious about riding in the dirt, and I had the most trouble turning at first... I'd lean my body weight on the inside of the turn instead of the outside of the turn... Turing on dirt is so different... You proubably know all about that already, but it was a hassle for me to loose years of street riding conditioning in order to turn correctly... I'd be curious to know if you've run into that problem...

racer65x

Aug 22, 2005
turning in the dirt vs. turning on a streetbike

ya, i have certainly noticed its a big difference in how you set up for a turn as well as turning. hard to break the habits of racing on asphalt. if you have any pointers, lemme know. thanks, David

High Lord Gomer

Poked with Sticks
Sep 26, 1999
I have just the opposite problem...I can't bring myself to get off the inside of the street bike in a turn.

What bikes did you / do you race?

racer65x

Aug 22, 2005
racer bike

i race a 03 R6. I had a really bad crash june 2004 and have been putting my body and bike back together. i have been riding trails and mx to get my arm strength back. hope to race wera southeast region march 2006.

Top Bottom