CR3999

Feb 28, 2000
OK guys what is the fix for the weak plastic air filter air-box? I raced a dusty harescramble and when I pulled off the filter there was a layer of dust inside the boot. It seems I remember a fix when they first did this to the 02 s. Was it just a foam thing that stuck to the lip? Who makes it and what is the best fix, Thanks!

jrm

Apr 30, 2002
Was this on an '05? I hadn't heard of any issues with the later bikes.

However, when I first got my '05, I thought I was having a problem -- every time I pulled the filter to clean it, I felt bits of dirt in the boot. Turns out, the dirt was falling off the filter into the boot as I removed the filter, not going past the filter while the bike was running. I started putting a small plastic grocery bag over the filter before removing -- end of problem. Since then, I've not had a speck of dirt in the boot.

rosscopeeko

Feb 25, 2005
I have an 03 cr250 and i'm worried about this sealing issue. Bike is stock with little hours and i live in a desert area which is a dustpit. Can i fix this without buying that kit. Somebody said hondabond to seal it off. Where would i seal it?

oldfrt613

Feeble Sponsoring Member
Jun 29, 2005
The only place I can imagine an issue would be the flange mounted to the air box itself where your boot attaches. I had no problems with my '97,99,01 or '05 CRs. I have not owned an '02-04 though.

Top Bottom