bat304x

Oct 10, 2005
hello pople :) was just wondering if any of u cr250 riders have had a similar problem to myself? i recently bought a 2003 cr250 after 2 short rides on my new toy i decided to renew the gearbox oil and to my horror the oil that i dropped from the engine was grey :yikes: my friend suggested it could be water getting into the oil but in my previous expierinces of water and oil mixing resulted in a thick white goo not a grey very viscous mix any ideas anybody? have changed the oil and am going to complete a short ride and drop oil again to see whats its like am i doing the right thing or should i strip engine immediately for inspection? please respond so i can get back on her asap :aj: cheers BAT304X

BigSchafft

Apr 20, 2000
white tinge to oil

hey there i have an 03 cr 250 and it too gave me a white tinge to the oil. did you have any notes on the prognosis of what it was?

ellandoh

dismount art student
~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Aug 29, 2004
aluminum clutch plates..............ive changed the oil in my 03 cr250 forty times , grey every time. dont worry about it at all

NO HAND

~SPONSOR~
Jun 21, 2000
It turns gray pretty fast on the CR250 but not as fast as on the CR125. My 00'CR125 was going through trans oil faster than I could change it.

bat304x

Oct 10, 2005
well thanks everybody thats cleared that up then :laugh: great now i can ring my babys neck :aj: she fully rebuilt waiting to go just british weather holding me back EXCELLENT

mtk

Jun 9, 2004
I solved the problem permanently by ordering five more of the steel plates from my Honda dealer and swapped them in for the aluminum plates. They did act a bit like a flywheel weight, but since they are after the primary drive the effect is much less pronounced than an actual flywheel weight. And since I added a 10oz flywheel weight to it, I didn't really care about the small change.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom