Houston, Texas members, your help is needed

KDX220rm

Uhhh...
Jun 3, 2002
There is a 9 year old (KTM 65 rider) that was seriously injured (head trama) which occurred in a race last weekend. No insurance and the Houston, Texas riders are putting on a benefit hairscramble and need some help from people willing to donate time.

Here is the story link:

http://www.ktmtalk.com/jason/jason.cfm

Last edited:

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
Man, that's bad news. I hate to see when little kids get hurt. :( My heart goes out to the family.

It's a shame that they don't have any insurance. It's terrible that something like this has to happen for the rest of us to realize the importance of health insurance in such a dangerous sport. Catastrophic insurance coverage would at least be the minimum.

Hugebear

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 18, 2000
That's truly awful, poor little guy. I'm not trying to be a jerk or anything but I have to ask, why was he racing if the family doesn't have health insurance?

KDX220rm

Uhhh...
Jun 3, 2002
Hugebear,

I was thinking the same thing. Why would a parent let their kid race in a dangerous sport with no health insurance.

Another thing that popped into my head was, maybe they did have health insurance and it won't cover people participating in a dangerous sport.

This is truely sad.

Hugebear

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 18, 2000
That's definitely possible, I know some insurance companies have such clauses. Truly bad stuff...

woodsguy2000

~SPONSOR~
Apr 24, 2001
Obviously they should have had insurance, but my understanding is it was Wednesday night practice not a race and they had gotten there early to beat the crowd. There was only 15 or so bikes on the track, you just never know. Our prayers are with the young boy and the person that hit him. Later Rob

KDX220rm

Uhhh...
Jun 3, 2002
Ok fellow mx'ers and trail riders, I am going to keep driving this into the ground until you guys can find some local dealerships wanting to help.

Hey Everyone,

I got several of our local dealers both KTM and non-KTM willing to donate stuff for the benefit raffle.

So my challenge to you all is to hop on the internet and start contacting your local dealerships, both KTM and non-KTM to see if they are willing to help.

Thanks,

Rick

Top Bottom