How Do I Get Scratches Out Of My Plastic, Graphics, And Backgrounds?

TrackMaster2

Dec 1, 2003
hey, i own a 96 yz125 that you can say i crash alot lol, but the graphics are really scuffed up and also the shrouds, numberplate backgrounds, fenders etc., but i wanted to know how i could or if i could get those scratches out, their not very deep just very noticeable, what can i use? thanks, andy

va_yzrider

Apr 28, 2003
I don't think you will have much luck getting the scratches out, but clean your plastic and graphics with Goof-Off and then put a coat of Formula 303 on all plastics, graphics, and soft rubber. I do this every time I wash the bike and it really keeps the plastic looking great! You can find Formula 303 at most marine supply stores. It is expensive, but nothing touches its UV protection. Aside from that, new plastics and graphics are in order.

Who knows, maybe someone else has some ideas for removing scratches from plastic?

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
No, it is for the plastic not the graphics. If you want an inexpensive fix try giving the bike a good bath then wipe the plastic down with Mop-N-Glo or my favorite Armstrong Industrial Floor Polish (it seems to go on thicker and fill the scrathes a bit better).

I have pretty much resigned myself to scratches and just use ProClean 1000 products to get things clean and as spiffy as they reasonable can be. Plus the plastic polish smell really good!

Top Bottom