Monolith

Jun 29, 2005
Oh.

Wouldnt it make sense to let anyone post their bikes for sale...? I mean, having more bikes listed in your forum will only increase this forums popularity. I could understand not allowing non-paying members to contact the people selling the bikes, but it just seems kind of weird to restrict it the other way. :/

Papakeith

COTT Champ Emeritus
Damn Yankees
Aug 31, 2000
RI
It keeps people from registering for the forum with the sole intent of selling their wares.

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
Monolith said:
Oh.

Wouldnt it make sense to let anyone post their bikes for sale...? I mean, having more bikes listed in your forum will only increase this forums popularity. I could understand not allowing non-paying members to contact the people selling the bikes, but it just seems kind of weird to restrict it the other way. :/
why would you want to reward a non-paying member by letting him sell his bike? and why penalize a paying member by not allowing non-payers to contact him?

you pay to put an ad in the paper, right? Well, this is cheaper and reaches more people who actually ride dirt bikes.

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
XRpredator said:
you pay to put an ad in the paper, right? Well, this is cheaper and reaches more people who actually ride dirt bikes.

Pred hits the ball out of the park. ;)

There is at least one site that I know of that allows folks to post bikes without being a paying member. There are tons of bikes on the site, but quality of the product for sale really suffers because there is a bunch of bikes that never even get one comment. They ask for "donations" if you sell a bike. I haven't got a clue what their sucess rate is.

An ad in the newspaper or Cycle Trader is far more expensive than our membership costs.

Chili

Lifetime Sponsor - Photog Moderator
Apr 9, 2002
The other part of this scenario that works is there is a good chance if someone supports the site they will have been around for awhile and you get a chance to "check up" a bit on this person. This can make an online transaction a little more comfortable for some.

Top Bottom