how much oil do iput in my forks???

reddragon737

Nov 26, 2005
im going to try to take off the dust seal and clean them out before i replace the seals. but since they have been leaking, im sure they need some more oil. how do i know how much oil to put in??

reddragon737

Nov 26, 2005
ok my bad

yeah, so i want to clean my forks up and hopefuly they will stop leaking, i have a ktm 125sx year 2000, how do i iknow how much oil to put in

KTM-Lew

Jan 26, 2002
Remove springs and collapse forks. Pull cartridge rod up about 2" & pour oil in forks, not in cartridge rod, to about 1" from the top, then pump the cartridge rod until it feels consistant. Add oil as nec to keep it from sucking air when you pump the rod. Then suck the oil down to 130mm from the top with everything collapsed.

Reinstall springs making sure the black plastic spring guide is tunrned down tight before putting the cap on. The cap MUST bottom on the end of the cartridge rod! If you look in the threaded hole in the cap you will see an o-ring. That o-ring is supposed to seal the rod to the cap. With the spring guide turned down on the rod till it bottoms on the threads, put the cap on and it will bottom on the rod, then you will feel the spring-guide "break-loose" and thread up the rod to lock the cap in place.

Top Bottom