Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
Last year, Scooter had to fly out of OKC to San Fran the day after DW. I got to make the drive home (825 miles) alone. They tried to have the meeting the week before, during DW. She got them to change it.

Guess what? It looks like she'll HAVE TO GO to a (different) meeting this year, during the entire week of DW, and it can't be changed. :whiner:

The ONLY way she'll be at DW is if a new job comes thru, so she can quit those anti-DW bastages. Chances are, she'll miss DirtWeek.

THIS SUCKS. Hard. Really puts a damper on the whole thing.

nikki

Moto Junkie
Apr 21, 2000
Aren't you guys moving in Oct? Is she keeping the same job after the move? If not... I think putting in her 2 weeks notice like next week sounds like a sweet deal.

I hope she makes it... that'll really suck if she can't :ugg:

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
Okie, that really sucks and the bad part usually is that NOTHING good is really accomplished in those meetings. :think:

TwinSpar

AssClown WannaBe
N. Texas SP
Aug 18, 1999
Sorry to here that Okie.  She will be missed! :(

LoriKTM

Super Power AssClown
Oct 4, 1999
New Mexico
Aw, man!!  I was looking forward to taking Scooter out on the trails again! :)

(I know you won't get near the trees, Bob!!)  Shoot.  $%!@^ 

Think she could be "sick" from work during that week?!  Rats. 

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
Looks like you an me is both gona' be doin' DW stag Okie. This don't mean I'm gona' be gettin' fresh with ya' but at least we'll have each other :confused:

Tell Scooter I'll miss her :whiner:

Please tell me "mom" will be there, PLEASE!

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
:think: Yanno it really would look much better if I were to be hanging out with Scooter instead of Okie. I sort of like that idea fellers! Okie in SF and Scooter in OK works for me ;)

slo' mo

slower than slow...
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 5, 2000
Originally posted by oldguy
Dam given the 2 of you I'd really much rather see Scooter every morning at DW :p
Any chance she comes to DW and you go to San Fran;)

I am so with you there OG! :)

Thump

Jr Admin Type
Jan 17, 2000
Well I am in the same boat here too... HotPants is going to take Friday off and drive up but that just leaves Frirday and Saturday. :(

She does not have enough vacation time accrued to come up for the week then take another week off in November for the wedding.

VintageDirt

Baked Spud
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 1, 2001
That's just not right man. Isn't there some way she could fly in for the weekend? Surely the meeting is over by Friday night?

GETMETOCA

Can't Wait For Tuesdays
Mar 17, 2002
I'm sorry to hear that Okie :(

I'll be hoping for the new job to kick in for Scooter. I know she was an integral part of the planning and orchestration. Dirtweek must be like the honeymoon of annual vacations for the two of you, I can only imagine how much this hurts.

I'll still do my part as the Walmart Greeter of Dirtweek to help fill her shoes. :confused:

slo' mo

slower than slow...
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 5, 2000
yanno, a hard getoff on the new 450 might entice her to come see ya at Stillwater Medical Center. Real nice folks there. :laugh:

oldguy

Always Broken
Dec 26, 1999
Originally posted by Thump
Well I am in the same boat here too... HotPants is going to take Friday off and drive up but that just leaves Frirday and Saturday. :(

She does not have enough vacation time accrued to come up for the week then take another week off in November for the wedding.
So we don't have to bring down custard???? after all it would all be gone before she even gets there

KiwiBird

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 30, 2000
Bummer, hope you can work something out to get her there for at least some of the fun.

dirty~d~

Resident nudist
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 17, 2002
Dagnabbit! The Man sucks donkey butt. She'll be missed. :whiner:

Bruce, Marcus, Nephron - Any chance of you guys working in a clone project between now and DW?

Top Bottom