Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
via IvanTedesco.Com

[img2=left]http://dirtrider.net/news/it1.jpg[/img2]May 15, 2006 (Newport Beach, CA) – After an incredible rookie season in the Supercross class that came on the heels of his Supercross Lites class win in the Outdoor Nationals last season Ivan Tedesco was looking forward riding the Suzuki RMZ450 this outdoor season.

Unfortunately, he suffered a significant injury in his heat race at the Las Vegas Supercross event. He made the decision to ride in the Main in order to try and protect his 4th place standing in the overall points race. Dr. G worked on his shoulder and got him to the starting line. “I felt O.K. up until about the last five laps”, said Ivan. “Then the pain medicine wore off and I could not hold on to the bars anymore. I did what I had to do.”

Following the event the pain persisted and this past week Ivan underwent an MRI. It was determined that he had a tear in his shoulder that requires surgery. “Ivan is crushed. He’s worked really hard all season to stay neck and neck with the top three, and to be injured at this point in the season is devastating. He was really looking forward to riding his first season in Outdoor Nationals in the bigger class”, said Ivan’s manager, Bobby Nichols of the Sports Syndicate. “He is still hopeful of making a couple of the late season events.”

“I was very impressed with Ivan’s Rookie Supercross season and am very disappointed that he will not be able to carry the momentum of his SX success into this year’s Outdoors”, said Suzuki’s Roger DeCoster. “Ivan showed a lot of heart and we at Suzuki are behind him 100%. We wish him a speedy recovery”

“ I am totally bummed not to be able to ride the Outdoors. I have had so much support this year in making the transition from the Lites Class, from Suzuki’s Roger DeCoster to the entire Makita Suzuki Team. My amazing mechanic, Tony Berluti, really eased the transition. Thanks also to Jeff Fox and Hylton Beattie from Thor/Parts Unlimited, Monster Energy Drink, Alpinestars, DVS, Utopia and JD Motors. A special thanks to the Carmichael family and my wife and family for their support and encouragement. “

Ivan will be back-his work ethic dictates that. In the meantime, he expects his friend and teammate, Ricky Carmichael, to have an outstanding outdoor season.

Top Bottom