i've been waiting for this day...

mx547

Ortho doc's wet dream
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 24, 2000
most of you know that i have a thirteen year-old daughter, kendall that rides and races. some of you know that i have an eight year-old daughter, kristin that doesn't ride (she's had a jr50 for a couple years but won't touch it). well, that all changed today. kristin stayed home from school not feeling well. i didn't have time to get someone to watch her so i stayed home with her. this afternoon, i was out in the garage messing around and she came out to watch me. i had her bike out and asked her if she wanted to ride it. she asked if she could ride it up and down the street and i said no. i told her if she wanted to learn to ride, i would take her out to the soccer fields. to my surprise, she said yeah.

we loaded it up and headed that way. we took one of her friends with us that already knew how to ride to help out. i showed her the different controls and how they worked and soon she was ready to go. she took off at a snail's pace but at least she was riding. she rode just barely fast enough to keep from falling over. after about ten minutes she was up to half throttle. every time we let her friend ride, kristin would start to get anxious wanting another turn. she rode for a total of about forty minutes and became quite comfortable with the bike. she even bragged about riding behind the bleachers (the grass is taller there). she loved it and wants to do it some more. she even said that she wants to race.

kendall was thrilled to hear the news. needless to say, so was i--mom had a lukewarm response but she'll get over it. i had come close to selling her bike, thinking that she was never going to ride. i'm glad i didn't. it turned out to be a wonderful day.

kristin later told me that i was the best dad in the world. :)

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
Right on dad ....

Very cool, thanks for sharing.

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
great news Jay :cool:

Dirtbikes are the best "family" sport that I know of. :nod:

nikki

Moto Junkie
Apr 21, 2000
What a dad..... kid stays home sick from school and gets to go riding in the afternoon (once feeling better of course)!! Right on! :cool:

DWreck

~SPONSOR~
Apr 14, 2002
Jay, that's cool. It's hard for me to imagine anyone not having fun on a motorcycle.

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
Very cool, Jay. Better make Sunday Special for Mom!

tx246

~SPONSOR~
May 8, 2001
took me awhile to find this bit of news

i can see it now bissell sisters racing. :) kids are funny that way. glad it was in your favor. bissell house 3vs1 in favor of dirtbikes.

mx547

Ortho doc's wet dream
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 24, 2000
ride day two was today. she rode for probably an hour total. she only took a break once for about a minute. she's liking it. so am i.

the soccer field manager came by and told us not to ride there anymore. that's the thanks i get for coaching three years for free. :pissed:

firecracker22

Sponsoring Member
Oct 23, 2000
Very cool! Congrats! Wish I had a dad like that.

Sucks about the soccer field, though.

Jeff Gilbert

N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 20, 2000
mx547 said:
the soccer field manager came by and told us not to ride there anymore. that's the thanks i get for coaching three years for free. :pissed:
Would it be alright if me and about 40k of the DRN boys came over to your grass track one afternoon? :ride:

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
Great pic!

Sawblade

Timmy Timmy Timmy!
Sep 24, 2000
The picture say's it all! Very cool Jay. :cool:

Top Bottom