kmx125r

~SPONSOR~
May 23, 2000
Greetings from Manila!

I bought my used KDX250SR about 8 months ago. I didn't know the maintenance history and I thought the top end sounded a bit suspicious - but I rode it anyway! I put about 1500kms on it since then. Last week I ordered up a head gasket and base gasket and decided to take a look...

After pulling the pipe, gas tank, 2T oil tank (it's autolube), rad shrouds - I was going to remove the head bracket bolts... turns out the head bracket bolts that tie into the frame were very loose - I suspect they were rattling and the sound was "amplified" throughout the frame - I decided to pop the head anyway to take a look... to satisfy my curiosity...

All looks well - no significant lateral movement of piston - bore looks good - the side KIPS valves look OK - a bit of carbon build up but they move fluidly - I can't see the main valve so I'm assuming it too is working OK...

Should I go ahead and pull the cylinder and check out the main KIPS valve or should I just put the lid back on it and ride?

By the way, can someone give me the torque specs on the base (in case I pull the cylinder) and head bolts for a KDX250?

Thanks...

kmx125r

~SPONSOR~
May 23, 2000
Come on guys!

Hey All,

I'd like to bolt the head back on today... somebody give me an answer... Please?

Thanks...

kevinkdx

Mar 25, 2001
No Problem.

The specs for the head are 2.5 kg-m or 18 ft lbs. The base is 3.5kg-m or 25 ft lbs. Anything else you need as far as tourqing I have cuz i have the book. This is for a 1993 kdx 250. If you have a different year don't worry they are close to the same.

Top Bottom