Don Marsh

~SPONSOR~
Jun 5, 2001
For those of you who didn't know, I hit a stump rally hard pre-riding the "Marsh Madness " section, I never crashed, I was standing up and knocked my foot off the peg and jammed my foot really hard on another stump.

Well for all my friends who called and or asked, thanks here is the answer....Dr. today.
Not good.
Torn ACL, Medial & Lateral Meniscus. Surgery on the 27th, Crutches for 6-8 Weeks.

Done for the season. I guess I will tear down the bike and polish the frame....

Another looooog winter of rehab, I will be back next year...... :bang:

It was the last time laying out JP that I did the other knee is there a pattern here?

09oneL

Mi. Trail Riders
Dec 7, 2008
Sorry to hear that Don.

Thanks for your help to our sport.

Get well soon our sport needs you (no pun intended).

Don Marsh

~SPONSOR~
Jun 5, 2001
Yeah, I have memories of two years ago still in my head!
Hopefully I won't have to deal with a Northern Michigan Winter on them this time.

Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
Don
Hurry up and heal fast and get back in the mix. We (the B-54's soon to be B 55's) can"t let these young punk 50 year olds infiltrate the class and win all the races. :cool:

Once again thank you very much for being ace gas man for myself and the "kids" I brought to the race. And especially for being at that road crossing late iin the race so we got a very needed drink before pressing on, that was a sweet surprise. Also thanks for taking personal care of my old azz needs at the gas stops, that was nice of you. :nod:

Now, quit f-ing up your knees at JP in the future. :yikes:

Thanks

B-54 Freddy

nickolino

Feb 21, 2008
:nod: Oh My I hav'nt had a Acl, medial or lateral for so long so whats the big deal what ever.Take some pills quit your wining and ride. It gets tiring listening to all the wining.Maybe racer493 is off the MOMMY PHONE now and you can use it.

Ward

Jan 23, 2006
Don Marsh said:
Torn ACL, Medial & Lateral Meniscus. Surgery on the 27th, Crutches for 6-8 Weeks.

Done for the season. I guess I will tear down the bike and polish the frame....

Another looooog winter of rehab, I will be back next year...... :bang:
Dude what are you talking about, six to eight weeks puts you at the end of October. Prime riding season, plus there is still good riding down South.

FYI- looks like my tumble in the moon rocks at the Loose Moose is going to get me some shoulder surger. I gots me a torn rotatorcuff.

TCTrailrider

Jan 19, 2004
I told you Dumb A--. Stay behind me & be safe. :nod: Your old, reactions suck, can't safely run with the youngins. Now I need to find someone else to ride with :yell: Finding another with a truck, toy hauler and full fridge ain't going to be easy. :nener: Heal well.

Don Marsh

~SPONSOR~
Jun 5, 2001
Ward, the problem is that after the crutches come the Rehab.

TCT, thanks for the word of encouragement....JERK!

Scott, I am currently researching an aftermarket moped option so I have a flat deck to set my feet on.

Tommy, :moon:

fatherandson

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 3, 2001
Don,

This is not the way you planned to spend this Summer. Sorry.
I hope all goes well with the surgery and rehab.

With surgery on the 27th, I am not going to call about helping at the Baby Bear.

Mike

Ward

Jan 23, 2006
TCTrailrider said:
Heal well and quickly. :cool:
Thanks. I am having surgery Sept. 2nd and hoping to be riding again by the end of October, but I think my racing career for this year is done.

Loctite

Jun 1, 2001
Don - I feel your pain. I had no idea your injury was that bad. Best of luck with the surgery. As you know the proper rehab will make all the difference in returning to racing. I am riding once again since smashing my heel, but no racing this season.

Craig

Don Marsh

~SPONSOR~
Jun 5, 2001
Denney (JERK) I did wake up. I did not use any anesthia this time. I used the "John Wayne Type".......... Whiskey Straight Up. :laugh:

Surgery went better than expected, not as much damage as the last time.
I get to put weight on it as "tolerated" and start streching it out tonight! :cool:

Last nite I rode the Vasa MTB trail as a last hurrah so the "Rehab" has started. :yikes:

Top Bottom