KTM/Husaberg wheel bearings and brake pads

maicomotoman

Dec 16, 2001
What variety of cheese are these bearings made of and are there any stronger ones available? I have just turned 280 miles on the odometer and the front wheel is already loose.:mad: This seems soon to me. The rear brake pads are also gone, but I think I have found a solution to that problem with the EBC sintered pads. Any help on the wheel bearings would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
David.

fremontguy

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 1, 2000
I just got around to changing my wheel bearings, spacers on '95 Ktm. Shopped at Erider for the complete package, supposed to be stronger than stock setup.

woods_rider1

Sep 27, 2001
I had just over 200 miles on my bike and i noticed that the rear brakes were shot... totally gone! I was lucky I checked them when I did, one more ride, and I would have ruined my rotor! I switched to the sintered pads and with only 100 miles on them, they seem to be wearing ok, nothing spectacular. I havent changed the bearings yet, but while I had it apart greasing them, I noticed the spacer on the sprocket side is grooved. I may try erider or enduro engineering's complete kits for replacements. I have been extremely happy with both companys.

maicomotoman

Dec 16, 2001
Thanks for the replies. When I (finally)took the wheel off yesterday I saw that the bearings are fine. The wheel wasn't proprely tightened to begin with:whiner: The axle is O.K. though and, after a proper tightening, everything seems fine there. The stock pads must be made of organic material. Mine were almost down to bare metal too, one more ride would have ruined my rotor. I put some EBC sintered pads on and hopefully they will last longer. Woods rider, that groove is meant to be there. The dust seal rides in there. A friend suggested a company called The Bearing Company(?) something like that...they advertise in the back of Dirt Bike mag. I will look to find out the name for sure. They supposedly are tougher and cheaper than the stockers.

rollingp

Oct 31, 2001
Just curious as to what year your bike is .
The 98-2000 KTMs had cheap brake pads but the 01 and 02 pads are DP sintered at least on the sx models and they wear great.
All my 98 and 99 KTMs would need new pads after one muddy race(mx ) and I switched to DP after that with great results.

maicomotoman

Dec 16, 2001
My bike is a 2002 Husaberg. Same brake setup as the KTMs(I think) Those stock pads went after riding in some really abrasive mud. Hopefully the sintered ones will be more durable.

fishhead

die you sycophant !
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 22, 2000
my 01exc had brembo pads which didn't last long. I replaced them with Moose (DP) pads and they have better feel and seem to hold up a little better.

agitt73

~SPONSOR~
May 11, 2000
my new exc has 60 miles on it and has brembo pads
and they are about wore to the limit them pads are
a peace of s****

Top Bottom