psaila

Nov 9, 2006
first of all id like to say hi as this is my first post!

hi just brought a kx100 around 1996ish! i have ridden the bike for around 30minutes and it died!
it has no spark, ive tried the obvious spark plug, cap, checked all wires, good earth, tried removing the kill switch but still no spark.
i removed the cover and the stator seemed a bit loose it had countersunk screws in the front of it that didnt look like they should be there. i tightened the screws but it looks as if when it spins it is running out of centre "like an egg" .
not sure if im looking in the right area or not!
not sure what the sensor thing next to the stator is called but could it be damaged? the screws are rounded so i havnt been able to remove it for inspection.

any ideas?
thanks in advance

jason33

Oct 21, 2006
i think your talking about the pulser pick up
unhook the wires from the motor ,get a test light -kick it over and see if there is power comeing from the stater/pickup,to the cdi,then check the cdi-coil
there are a lot of cheep test lights at auto stores its always good to have one around
-im not talking about a expensive multy meter just a inexpensive test light,that ground,and hooks up to wires ,and lights up

also go to bike bandit and use the parts finder-- oem- and look at how it is assembled

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom