yog22

Mar 20, 2007
I can't start my bike. It's a 2002 kawasaki kx 250. I can kick it all I want and it won't start. If I push start it it starts really quickly and once I got it going I can shut it off and start it again but if I let it sit overnight it won't start the next day without push starting it. If I pull of the plug it is really wet. What can I do to fix this?

karterron

~SPONSOR~
Mar 24, 2002
Always go with the basics. When it won't start, check the spark and fuel. Go backwards from there. Nobody here is going to be able to help you until you give us more information. Do you have spark and fuel when it doesn't start?

karterron

~SPONSOR~
Mar 24, 2002
How about compression? How man y psi's of compression do you have, when's the last time you changed the top end? Do you have good spark, fuel on the plug indicates a flooding condition. Is the spark weak or strong?

yog22

Mar 20, 2007
i already checked the compression it is good. I changed the top end last august. The spark is very strong if I dry off the plug. Somehow while the bike is sitting it is getting gas on the plug.

just_a_rider

Jul 25, 2006
What kinda plug are you using? If your using one of those NGK BREX plugs the electobe is so small the mildest wetness will keep it from firing as was the case with mine. At 12 bucks a pop you would think it would be a fail safe plug but no. I swtched to a regular BRES7 and have had the same plug in about 4 or 5 months now.

yog22

Mar 20, 2007
I am using a NGK BR8EIX plug, should I switch to one of the cheaper ones and should I go with a hotter plug?

Top Bottom