kx250 wont start... im convinced its electircal

jetpilot773

Aug 22, 2006
its a 1994. i just replaced the plug wire and now the thing wont turn over. there gas getting in to the cylinder and yes the plug has spark. when i pulled off the coil to put on the new plug wire, i did scrape some of the paint off the frame before i put the coil back in its place so im not shure if that has anthing to do with it. the wires are screwed back into the right spot on the coil also. not shure if maybe my engine stop switch could be bad.

trial_07

Play with gravity
~SPONSOR~
Apr 26, 2004
If it has spark is it not not an electrical problem then? Are you sure gas is getting into the chamber? How is your plug after kicking several times?

Last edited:

ecy063

Sep 15, 2005
My 1994 will not start with out this procedure. Gas on, choke on, no throttle, clutch pulled in and in neutral. Slowly kick the engine over with full strokes. Try this with a new plug. Once warmed up you will not need the choke but just the slightest bit of throttle or the plug will get soaked. Let us know if this works for you.

Britt Boyette

Aug 16, 2004
The biggest problem I see is people twisting the throttle to try and start a bike. If it's flooded you hold it WOT. The rest of the time, leave your hand off the throttle.

Top Bottom