Ol'89r

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 27, 2000
Krossipoiss said:
Are 04 original valves titanium or steel ?

Steel exhaust, Ti intakes.

Krossipoiss

Oct 26, 2008
New valves and springs (kibbles) and dynojet stage1 installed now.
With choke on bike runs great, but when choke is off, it starts to backfire and when hitting kill switch a small flame gomes out of exhaust...
What could be problem ?

Krossipoiss

Oct 26, 2008
Yes it is. 1.5turns out.
Now theres new problems:
Backfire while decelerateing.And after ca 10 minutes riding bike will die and after stopped it goes from first kick. Jetting or ignition problem ?

helio lucas

~SPONSOR~
Jun 20, 2007
seems that the carb isn´t getting enough fuel on sustained fast riding or ignition goes with heat.
check fuel lines, tap and cap. let fuel drain to a deposit or tank and see if flow breaks down with time, or enough fuel is flowing.
the ignition specs are very simple and quick to check, per service manual. all you need is the blessed book and a multimeter (or electrical tester).

simple and faster procedure first?!?!?!?

Krossipoiss

Oct 26, 2008
Have checked all fuel system, cleaned carb for like 10 times.
Could it be caused by bad fuel ? I'm runnin on last autumn 98(euro.)
Couldn't find how to inspect ignition....

helio lucas

~SPONSOR~
Jun 20, 2007
i am in europe as well (portugal) and haven´t any problem with fuel unless it´s really old. it doesn´t hurt to buy a litre or something to be sure.

ignition is tested buy measuring resistance (ohm) and voltage (volt) of the stator coils, high tension coil and cdi.
you really must have the service manual for this one.

if you don´t have one, shoot me a pm. eventually i may help you.

Krossipoiss

Oct 26, 2008
Had some time in garage...
Main jet is 150(dynojet, with new adapter and needle) Without dynojet bike didn't even run.
Pilot is 40
Leak is 60
And the last one(starter jet???) is 56
And i also discovered that blue wire was loose from throttle sensor..

Cleaned carb and put on new spark plug. With choke on,bike runs nice. Without choke= fast/high idle, backfire.

Krossipoiss

Oct 26, 2008
Popping/Backfiring = pilot jet too lean
Hard starting = pilot jet too lean
Unable to idle = pilot jet too lean

Too lean= too small pilot jet ?!

When i pull trottle, ap sprays..
Mixture screw is 1 1/2 turns out.

Bike ran ok with choke on(mixture was richer?) and backfire when choke off while idle and deaccelerate..

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
The top 3, you can write rich and have the same issue. The ap is timed correctly, the mixture screw says the pilot is correct, so the choke says put a bigger jet in. That leaves the leak jet. Put a bigger leak jet in, its actually has smaller number. Triple checked the timing is spot on? Do you know the throttle position sensor works? There was once, after a very nice valve job, some still leaked a tad? 1 other time, the very small o-ring atop the mixture screw and washer had issues, popped and ran with issues?

Krossipoiss

Oct 26, 2008
Leak jet is 60 atm. What should i try ?
Timing is right. Not sure about the throttle position sensor..
Will check valves for leaks. Washer and o-ring are new.

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
The mixture circuit, we lost that real small o-ring, later found out it got shoved up, and broke up, into the passage, it was a real bugger to dislodge and remove all the parts. And popped until it was clear. Look on a parts micro fiche, and order a leak jet with a lower number. I have only seen Honda in 06 and older that was off, for the record. This was also confirmed with JD jetting by the way. And Yamaha power jets are supposedly the same sized jet.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom