MadKaw500

Mar 4, 2007
need to rebuild the rear shock on my 93 kx500 and cant seem to find the kit anywhere. really need this done HELP!!!! somebody....HELP!!!! :|

76GMC1500

Uhhh...
Oct 19, 2006
Maybe the valve core where you fill it from and maybe the diaphram that seperates the gas from the oil. You may just get the thing recharged and see how long it holds gas for, it might not need anything replaced.

DougRoost

~SPONSOR~
May 3, 2001
I'd consider posting this in the suspension forum, or just contacting Jeremy or someone directly.

MadKaw500

Mar 4, 2007
the shock was looked at by technician today, and he found dome pitting in the shaft, chrome dimpled, he said the rebuild wouldn't last very long because of this. so I did a little alteration of the pipe and made the 250 shock fit...we'll see how it works. still need to set the sag, never done that before so we'll see how that goes. :uh:

slantyshanty

Mar 25, 2007
I owned a 2002 kx 500 and found the bladder in the shock on mine kept getting punctured, so I replaced it along with the seal head. I had rode over 1000 hours on it, so surely over time something is bound to give up.If the seal head wears out the bladder pushes into the port where the valve screws into. The bladder pops and all the nitrogen escapes. A bladder runs for about $45 canadian.A seal head is about $90. or just buy some new seals for it.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom