directional

Jan 20, 2007
I have a 2000 KX 80 .. Would I be able to put the KX100 Wheels on my bike to raise it the extra 2 inches or would they not fit?

I dont know if I will definitely do it but I am just wondering because sometimes I see cheap stuff on ****..

I am 5'2 20yrs old and am still really learning how to ride.. I am going to mod my bike to 100cc by Eric Gorr and do all the other good stuff... Just figured I would ask :)

pyrofreak

Apr 9, 2003
I'm pretty sure that you need the longer swingarm, cables, etc. Do a search. There's alot of info on making bikes big wheel versions. Try searching for CR, etc.

pyrofreak

Apr 9, 2003
The big wheel KX,RM,CR, etc, including the 100's have 19'' fronts and 16'' rears. The "small wheel" or regular versions have 17'' fronts and 14'' rears. You can use KX80 wheels from the larger "big wheel" version. The KX100 frame geometry may be different, I'm not entirely sure though.

I stole this from a quick search,

If you convert it to a big wheel bike, you will also need to put a larger sprocket on the rear wheel. The difference between an 85 and 85L is about 5 teeth. You will alslo need a larger chain to match the extended length and larger sprocket. (In addition to the longer swingarm)

Check into the cable lenghts too!

directional

Jan 20, 2007
Cool thanks :) I did come across that thread yesterday while searching.

So most likely if I wanted to do it I would need .. New Rims, new tires, new sprocket, new chain, and possibly a new swingarm..

I will probably leave it how it is but it's just good to know what I can do .

Top Bottom