Don Marsh

~SPONSOR~
Jun 5, 2001
We are riding Sat. at 10:00 Lincoln Hills.
We may cross the river & head to Cabrafe.
See you there!
Don

MWEISSEN

Whaasssup?
Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 6, 1999
Where are you starting. Does the crossing require a licensed bike, seems to me I remember so, but it's been a long time since I've ridden that.

woodsy

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 16, 2002
and the ante' is upped by Mr. Marsh.. Hmmmmm, the ol Boon Trail eay..... Hmmmmmm, 10 am eayyy... Hmmmmm Woodsys FAVORITE trail of all time eay...... Hmmmmmmm

Mark, no plate needed till ya cross the pavement just above Boon and if they get that far its an all nighter anywhoo...

I will do my best to be there for this one.. Are you planning on leaving from the trail head on 7 mile Don?? Its a good spot, has bathrooms (in case YZman shows - oh wait - he waits to poop till we are in the woods).. If so, and for anyone interested you take M-37 to 7 Mile and turn EAST (if your going North that is RIGHT and if your headed South on M-37 it would be a LEFT turn). Trial head is about 200 yards down 7 mile on the SOUTH (or right hand) side...
Now that I have baited the hook,,, if I do show up and we go North of the bridge is it OK if I lead the pack back to the trailhead........ I just LOVE to do that - especially if its real late......
HEY THEADORE - BURNT SQUIRRELS AH COOKIN!!!!!
Oh yea, and NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO GPS systems - RIGHT YZMAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW...
Open the gate and get out the WAYYYYYYYY, WOODSY AND KADIE COMIN OUTA SHOOOOOOOTTTT NIne!! Wake up kadie - we're headed for God's Country sweetheart!!!
If I dont make it here is a SAFETY precaution - WATCH FOR STUMPS ON THE SIDE OF THE BOON TRAIL!!!!! Once you cross M-55 its great but on the south side there be a few...
Thanks for posting Mr. Marsh
Woodsy out!! :ride:

Don Marsh

~SPONSOR~
Jun 5, 2001
Woodsy's right, the trail head on 7 Mile.
Don

slow_joe

Mi. Trail Riders
Oct 9, 2004
Don Marsh said:
We are riding Sat. at 10:00 Lincoln Hills.
We may cross the river & head to Cabrafe.
See you there!
Don
Man Don, You can't get enough of that trail can you. I will have to think about this one. You dragging TCT & Paul out with you again? The weather forcast for Friday could make this an interesting ride. The mailman did drop me off an 3.2 gallon tank yesterday, so heading up the Boon trail is posible now. BigTig, you can buy more screws, but you don't have enough knob left to hold screws. Get that credit card out and get lower cost tire like a Maxxis IT.

Don Marsh

~SPONSOR~
Jun 5, 2001
Its not that I like that trail that much, but this time of the year after riding it I know what to expect for conditions.
Yes TCT & Paul and possibily others.
Don

Mully

Moderator / SuperPowers
Jun 9, 1999
Did I mention that I love "Lincoln Hills" ??????? :nod:

Mully

YZMAN400

Dec 2, 2003
I dont see myself getting out for a ride like that this weekend. The Folks are in Florida so I am without kid sitter. Cant be gone that long. Nope I will stay around home this weekend. Should have the X head this week. have work to do this weekend to get-er-done.

Don Marsh

~SPONSOR~
Jun 5, 2001
Mully, Well "STUD EM UP" and join us!

Hope to have my Trellys mounted by then. When I told the wife I was going to put them in the hot tub to soften them up
well you can imagine the answer.
Don

TCTrailrider

Jan 19, 2004
SirShawn said:
Help me understand what makes this trail so special. Ive never been on it.

I rate it as pretty good but not great. It has remained tighter than most trails. Lincoln Hills has ORV Route that paralells most of the single track so the quads seem to stick to the route. The MCCT (motorcycle only) connects and goes North to Caberfae and Boon, also has little Quad traffic. Its not a loop so your heading away from your truck, not around it. I think this skeers most quad riders. :laugh: Pretty country as you go North. If you like open fast stuff this is not the place. The tight single track seems to be a thing of the past but this is better than most, especially for being that far South. Like most of our tight trails you can notice the widening each time you ride it. The change in Long Lake and Evart the past two years is amazing. :bang:

Mully

Moderator / SuperPowers
Jun 9, 1999
Don Marsh said:
Mully, Well "STUD EM UP" and join us!

Don

Really?? Studs?? You guys still have snow and frozen ground up there??

Mully

Mully

Moderator / SuperPowers
Jun 9, 1999
TCTrailrider said:
Its not a loop so your heading away from your truck, not around it.

I have to ask. Lincoln Hills is "NOT" a looped trail??

Mully

YZMAN400

Dec 2, 2003
Lincoln Hills is a loop yes. But the Mccct trail that goes North of there from Lincoln Bridge is not part of a loop.

And yes you will need studs if you are gonna ride up here. There aint much snow on the ground. But there is enough out there that you will want studs. The ground is frozen and icy with just a covering of snow in spots. Enough to put you on your butt in a second if you dont have studs.

Mully

Moderator / SuperPowers
Jun 9, 1999
:cool:

It's been a few years since I rode it. I thought for a minute that maybe things had changed, ie lost land, etc etc.

I really like the one part of it where it goes from the sand and pines to dirt and old trees, I think it's when the trail turns to head back south?? Nice single track trail.

Can't make it this weekend, though I will be venturing north in the very near future. :)

Mully

Don Marsh

~SPONSOR~
Jun 5, 2001
It's not that it is so special, it's just that having rode it several times lately I know there isn't much snow on it.
That makes it a fairly fast & fun ride to stay in shape!
Don

Wolverine423

~SPONSOR~
Oct 2, 2005
I think Lincon hills is special Along with others because its tight single track and quaders's cannot fit through it ...The 2 track stuff does not appeal to me at the least, you take the chance of head on's with quads jeeps & snowmobilers at high speeds.

Lincon hills loop is 29mi total from 7mi staging area back to staging area. If you ride from 7mi staging area to the turn off to go to cabrafe parking lot its 16mi. If you continue from the turn off which takes you to Cabrafe parking lot its 17mi.{Very good slingle track too!} From Cabrafe parking lot to Boon is another 17mi.

So if the plans are to ride from 7mi staging to Cabrafe & back then you better drop gas at Cabrafe...Make sure you drop enough if wanting to go to boon because its 17mi up and the same 17mi trail back.

DW

TCTrailrider

Jan 19, 2004
DW,
Good info.. The connector from Caberfae's parking lot to the MCCT trail, isn't that more like 4 miles? Beautiful woods up there. Winter riding can get ugly with fuel or mechanical problems. Fire starting supplies should be one of the first things thrown in the pack.

Wolverine423

~SPONSOR~
Oct 2, 2005
TCT,
Correct, if you were to leave Caberfae's parking lot on the single track it is 5mi to the "T"...{Left = Boon - Right = Pine river/Lincon hills} Yes it is beautiful wooded area...If you like that 5mi section you would enjoy turning right at the "T" and ride down to the start of the Lincon hills loop....Its one awesom piece of single track! Don you & your boyz would love it.

Talked to Trashrider and he said he's in even if he has to molest the 625 instead of the new 200...lol, I'll be on the 525 W/new Trellies :nener: ... we will see ya's at 10am. Anybody up for stoping for some luch afterwards?..

DW

woodsy

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 16, 2002
Wolverine423 said:
TCT,
Correct, if you were to leave Caberfae's parking lot on the single track it is 5mi to the "T"...{Left = Boon - Right = Pine river/Lincon hills} Yes it is beautiful wooded area...If you like that 5mi section you would enjoy turning right at the "T" and ride down to the start of the Lincon hills loop....Its one awesom piece of single track!

DW

and that trail is what we old timers call The Boon Trail.. There ya have it Sirshawn!! Hopefully no more information is necessary to prime your pump to get up there and try it!!
NOTHING BUT FUN!!!!!!

Don Marsh

~SPONSOR~
Jun 5, 2001
Just got the new Trellies on, man what a chore by yourself.
Fred I think the hot tub trick worked somewhat, good thing the Race Nazi was working & didn't see them lying in the bottom.
Trash it don't mater what you ride you will still be faster than me.
Don

YZMAN400

Dec 2, 2003
a torpedo heater is the HOT setup. Put them tires in front of the heater untill they are so hot you need gloves to hold onto them. Then slide them on the rims.

cmore

Jan 23, 2003
Yep, that's how I put my trelles' on. turbo heater & a pair of leather gloves, little to no effort.

A little weather report, rained all day & was mid 30's, thurs supposed. to be in the hi 40's I don't there being any snow on the lincoln loop at all, ther still sould be some snow on the caberfae or for you old timers' boon trail.

If I do make it for this weekend to ride that is, as I am seeing some overtime in the near future ( I'M a whore like that) I'm going to ride from the caberfae parking & head south.

woodsy

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 16, 2002
10 rodger dodger on the 'pedo heater.. Works everytime - even in the summer!! Just dont get it so hot that it COOKS and becomes brittle.. I did that once when I got a phone call while working, arrrggggggggggg Terrible smell :|

CMORE.. lets see, we heading >, you heading < = us heading >ouchy<.. We'll be watching for you :aj:
My son and I did that one time.. Playing hide and seek - he went one way on my Banshee and went the other on my CR500 and we met >%&&^$#$%&< - the ol bent "J" arm from the Banshee is still hanging in the garage .... So yea, thanks for letting us know you may be coming downstream!!
Woodsy :ride:

crazytrails

Mi. Trail Riders
Dec 25, 2005
Well i have a 3.2 gallon tank comin for the YZ, but i don't think it will be here in time... :(

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom