Longterm (sort of) O'Neal boot report

zio

Mr. Atlas
Jul 28, 2000
FYI, Mully hasn't updated his O'Neal Hardwear test in a long time, but I've been wearing a pair for about 6 months now. I'm so happy with them, I feel compelled to give my own review.

They're just as comfortable for me as he said they are/were for him. I can't tell if they've loosened up much more than new, which is a good thing. Shifting/braking isn't a problem at all. Neither is wearing them all day long. Very comfy, yet still very supportive feeling. I wear a size 10.5 shoe, and ordered an 11 from MXSouth. I also wear a thick pair of moto socks which adds to the comfort. They're comfortable with regular tube socks, too, just not as much so (as with any boot I'm sure).

Durability is good as well. Nothing has broken or fallen off, and the buckles keep the adjustment I've selected. Other than some normal wear, they're like new.

One thing I noticed when browsing through an old catalog, is they look identical to Diadora Rainbows. MSRP was the same, too ($259.95 or something). Makes sense, as I know most of the riding gear manufacturers don't actually make their own boots (Acerbis, AXO & Fox are the only exceptions I'm sure of). I think if I had known that at the time, I would have ordered Diadora's, but that's just because I have this wierd thing about matching brand names, and can't buy O'Neal gear now (tried on a pair of Method pants, they were very comfortable & fit my big butt well).

My only complaint is that they're not 100% waterproof. However the only time my feet have actually gotten wet is when I was standing in the bathtub trying to break the boots in (unnecessary for these, but I had to try it). I raced a week ago with lots of creek crossings & they were fine. :thumb:

Top Bottom