(Maybe) Wanted: 20D Body

B

biglou

I'm not in any rush, but if any of you guys make an upgrade and want to get rid of a 20D body, let me know. I can't drop too much on it, but I'd consider any of you regulars' used camera bodies over anyone else's. If the price is right, I'll take it.

I haven't even researched used prices or searched evil-bay, etc.

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
I won't be upgrading anytime soon :( Not that I need a better camera anyway.
I've seen used prices in the $800 range for body only.

B

biglou

I think Doug got his second body for a steal, if I remember correctly. And, usually in cases like this I tend to think of the sale of my old piece when figuring final cost. I don't know what the first gen. Rebel would fetch, but I bet it isn't much. If I could keep the net out of pocket expense down to $500 or less, I'd be happy.

I think the 20D kit is "only" in the $1500 range at Wal-Mart, so that weighs heavily in the equation, also.

Papakeith

COTT Champ Emeritus
Damn Yankees
Aug 31, 2000
RI
Lou just get it. You know you want it. Do it! Pull the trigger. Get the gear! Every day you wait is one more day without it. By buying it now you are saving yourself lost shooting opportunities.

B

biglou

20D kit with 18-55mm lens and 1gig CF card at Sam's Club for $1240. I think that's only $140 more than I paid for my Rebel kit about 2 years ago...

Chili

Lifetime Sponsor - Photog Moderator
Apr 9, 2002
I'm betting with a little patience you could pick up a very lightly used 20D body for less than $800. Watch the buy/sell at Fred's, any user with decent feedback I would deal with. I got my second body for $900 CDN and it had been used about 500 shutter clicks worth. I may be selling both 20D's for 1DmkII but that's something I won't decide on until I now my business plan for next spring.

Green Horn

aka Chip Carbone
N. Texas SP
Jun 20, 1999
I'll give ya 200 for your old Rebel body. Then you'll have 200 towards a 20D. :)

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom