AgentOrange

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 18, 2000
In a non-eventful pileup in the first lap of the second moto, my leg gets caught up between all the bikes and bodies. As we attempt to get up I hear a "pop"! And the evening is done.

The ortho confirmed a broken ankle. It is to swollen to cast currently. Got this moon boot thing on right now. If the bones do not move I can plan on the boot for 4 weeks. If they move, plate and screws get put in. I go in once a week to get an xray to make sure everything is healing properly.

All in all, I consider myself lucky that it has taken 38 yrs for me to get my first bone break.

Got to get healed up for dirtweek.

B

biglou

Hey Al, I need a pit monkey for Saturday... :p
Ed: Check's in the mail! ;)

j/k, that sucks man, cuz now I gotta run the series by myself if Ed doesn't come over.

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
Well that sucks! You really have to watch that Lou guy. I guess he'll do anything to win ;)

GETMETOCA

Can't Wait For Tuesdays
Mar 17, 2002
Al, that really is bad news!! :(  I hope you get healed up by the time DW comes around.   If you're not healed up by then, you can be MY pit monkey :debil:

Seriously, I'm glad it wasn't any worse. 

Take care, Nat.

jeffd

Naïve Texan
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2000
Don't rush it! Let it heal completely otherwise you'll just jack it up even more.

I am still trying to get my hand back in shape and I broke it 3 months ago!

-jeffd

AgentOrange

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 18, 2000
Thanks guys.

The leg seems to be doing better today with the swelling starting to go down. I am trying to keep it stable. Last night I took the brace off while I was laying on the couch and could feel the bone move/pop as I raised and lowered the leg trying to get comfortable. Yikes! So I put back on the brace. I don't want to mess around and waste a week or two then have the surgery cause it is not healing right.

Nat, I will be your pit whatever anytime!

I never did find out how much Eddie collected from Lou for the takeout! j/k.

sfc crash

Human Blowtorch
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 26, 2001
hey..great idea dude, take that gudamned cast off and start moving your leg around, what the hell do doctors know about healing bones. hell, wrench that thing sideways inward, let the bone fuse and it'll make you a better rider. .....i say and SAY! you boys had better slow down on those dang old motorbikes before somebody gets hurt! now you do it and no back sass!

Treejumper

2 wheeled idiot
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 9, 2000
Sorry to hear that Al! I went thru this last year and can only say one thing. Leave that boot on! Like you said, you dont want to waste a week now then have surgery later. The non plate/screw route saves alot of recovery time. Mine still swells after each ride and its been 10 months since i broke it. Make sure you have a nice couch or recliner as it'll be your best friend for the next 5 weeks.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom