trivial

Feb 14, 2002
Does anyone have any general or specific opinions of the Moose XCR gear. I am thinking about getting some pants and a jersey. Also, anybody know how the pants fit. Do they ride anywhere they shouldnt (especially for tall people...I am 6'6")

Thanks...your opinions are appreciate

lawman

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 20, 1999
the quality is top notch & the stuff runs true to size--at least in the waist. 6-6? dunno about that 1, you got 6" on me. they're a little long for me, if that helps, but i don't know about 6" worth.

MotoEnduro

~SPONSOR~
Mar 11, 2001
I've got the XCR pants and jersey. I agree the quality is excellent, they're very well made and good attention to detail.
I've got a 33" inseam, and the XCR pants feel too short for me, the 'pre-bent' knee actually is slightly above where my knee normally bends and the little plastic patch for kneeling on is too high to kneel on. But these pants are a couple of years old now, so maybe the newer ones are longer. I take a size 32 in MSR and Fox gear, and a 34 in the moose. The jerseys run very large, especially the arms.
I've got a XCR jacket on order (well its been on backorder forever:mad: ) so I'm not sure what the sizing is like.

I just got a pair of MSR System X pants yesterday, and they are the longest pants I have seen yet.

Camstyn

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 3, 1999
You can custom order Sinisalo pants, in any size you need. I've had a pair of SCDs for the last 4 years, just ordered a new pair a few weeks ago. Top quality stuff, too, and you don't pay any more than you would for a pair off the shelf.

NVR FNSH

~SPONSOR~
Oct 31, 2000
I'm 6'4"/255lb - I've got 2 pairs of XCR pants. They fit great - plenty loose in the butt/crotch/thighs/knees - but snug enough in the waist to keep from falling down. My fanny pack will pull the pants down a little bit. I wear Asterisks on both legs and have plenty of room for them. I can't remember if my pants are 38 or 40 or one of each (purchased several years apart:( ) but they run pretty true to size.

Brian

MCassle

Apr 29, 2001
I had a set of 97 XCR gear, lasted until about last year when my pants caught the foot peg on my bike on a nasty get-off, and got riped wide open down the inseam. I thought enough about the Moose line to buy 02' XCR gear, including the jacket. Havn't had a chance to ride with it yet, but I did try it all on when it arrived and I wasn't disappointed.

Some of Moose's stuff is pretty good, a few things I ordered I ended up regreting...but the +'s are much higher than the -'s.

Matt

chasejj

Nov 29, 2001
I've got the XCR gloves and ordered XL(11) per their sizing chart.
I found them to be bit tight but I figured theyed stretch out.
They blew throught he finger seams at the ends I 40 miles of trail riding.
The jersey appears to be a notch above others I've seen.
My MSR ****tex pants fit great and are true to size. I think that MSR and Moose are the best off road riding gear MFG's out there while I'm not sure who makes GREAT gloves. Any suggestions?

Top Bottom