JMD

Jul 11, 2001
I hear Enduro Nut's going to Muenster Sunday. I'll be there with my oldest son, Scotty. We'll bring both 400s and the YZ and let Scott decide which bike he likes best. Then I'll sell the other.

Enduro_Nut

~SPONSOR~
Feb 7, 2002
Yup - I'll be there. I'm bringing Phyllis and her qaud(she's heading out @ 11:00A) and attending the RRDR meeting @ 12.

See 'ya there!

PS>> The new seat cover is nice, $79 installed

JMD

Jul 11, 2001
I'll bring you a check for the seat. Sorry Jimbo gutted it on that branch. At least it didn't gut his leg.

hlguthery

Dec 10, 2002
Ohh sorry I missed Jimbo trashing one of Rogers bikes. Which bike was it??

OHHHH yeah Roger I am sure you noticed by now that my bike fell through the bottom of the other couch/bed in the trailer. I rebuild the bottoms of those out of 1/2 plywood or something a little stronger then the cardboard the factory used. Just let me know.

P.S. Not sure I will make it to Muenster on Sun but you guys have fun.

JMD

Jul 11, 2001
Jimmy trashed the seat on Roger's beautiful blue Gas Gas; which he loved, by the way, as did I. Very nice machine. I'll ride my YZ Sunday to compare. Still think I prefer my thumper to them all, though it's close.

Mudd Slinger

N. Texas SP
May 5, 2004
It looks like there is no work left in my area for this weekend. :yeehaw: If no one finds me (my boss), there is a chance I could show up at Munster. I believe most of the NT Smack Pack go in the 2nd gate. If my boy and I show, it will be in the afternoon and I will look around for everyone. I hope it rains good Friday or Saturday. That sand up there is fun when it is wet.

jeffd

Naïve Texan
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2000
It was nice meeting JMD and TX246 Sunday. Wish we woulda met up sooner so we could have gotten a ride in. Holler at me next time you are headed up there.

BTW - Where was Roger??

JMD

Jul 11, 2001
Roger spent all day marking trails in Bill's Woods on a four-wheeler. He said he operated the lopper. I had a great day with my son, and with Gene and Randy. Randy's son Charlie rode very well on some pretty sketchy trails, as did my son Scott. Scott prefers my old 400 to the YZ250, so I guess I'll keep the thumper. Hate to sell the YZ, it's such a nice bike, but something's gotta give. Anyway, I guess Muenster won't be dusty for a while, after that soaking we had last night. Jeff, we'll see you up there again, I'm sure.

Mudd Slinger

N. Texas SP
May 5, 2004
Charlie had a great time. That is the most he talked about riding in a long time (he talked most of the way home with some stories left for his Mom after he got home). He was getting some support and confidence from the thumbs up signals. He rides better than he thinks he can and needs a little confidence. Dad does not count as much when it comes to the atta boys. Thanks for the patience and good time.

JMD

Jul 11, 2001
Charlie can ride with us any time. You, on the other hand, well . . . Just kidding. Scott and I had a great time. He said it was his best day ever. And he said that he didn't think anything we rode was very hard. He wants more difficult stuff. We'll have to throw in a few hillclimbs now and then to keep him happy. He said that he doesn't feel like he's getting faster, but the obstacles are getting easier for him. I told him that that's the way it starts. And pretty soon, you just find yourself going faster without knowing it. Charlie will find the same thing happening. He didn't seem to have much trouble with any of those rock ledges or hills. I'm sure you're proud of him.

Enduro_Nut

~SPONSOR~
Feb 7, 2002
jeffd said:
It was nice meeting JMD and TX246 Sunday. Wish we woulda met up sooner so we could have gotten a ride in. Holler at me next time you are headed up there.

BTW - Where was Roger??

Jim covered it all except the 4 wheeler part, it was only ridden after the woods... and frankly I would never admit to riding the beast often anyway! :laugh:

Looks like I'll be there every weekend 'till the enduro... woohoo!

JMD

Jul 11, 2001
My wife said something really ugly to me today. She said, "It might be nice if you stayed home this Saturday to help me with some yardwork." I thought that was completely uncalled-for, offensive, and un-American. Anyway, I probably can't ride this weekend, unless I get everything done during the week.

hlguthery

Dec 10, 2002
Roger you mentioned Muenster was shutting down a couple of weeks for the enduro. Do you have those dates??

OH by the way dont you know 4wheelers are dangerous!!

Enduro_Nut

~SPONSOR~
Feb 7, 2002
Jim - I agree with you, can we boycott know???

Harley - First 2 weeks of November the park will be shut down, you better get to ridin'! :ride:

JMD

Jul 11, 2001
Yeah, I'll probably ride the enduro. Mark out some really easy sections for me. By the way, PM me your home address, and I'll mail you a check for the seat cover this morning.

taraker

Freedom Ain't Free
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 3, 1999
JMD said:
Yeah, I'll probably ride the enduro. Mark out some really easy sections for me. By the way, PM me your home address, and I'll mail you a check for the seat cover this morning.
Well, I don't think your gonna be real happy 'bout the sections we worked on over by the school house. :laugh: I mean, we were trying to cut trial that would be EXTREMELY difficult for Ty Davis & Mike Lafferty

Enduro_Nut

~SPONSOR~
Feb 7, 2002
taraker said:
Well, I don't think your gonna be real happy 'bout the sections we worked on over by the school house. :laugh: I mean, we were trying to cut trial that would be EXTREMELY difficult for Ty Davis & Mike Lafferty

:laugh: :laugh: :rotfl:

jeffd

Naïve Texan
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2000
Who is riding this weekend and where???

yzguy15

Sprayin tha game
N. Texas SP
Oct 27, 2000
taraker said:

Man... I'm bummed out that I won't be able to make the enduro. Maybe you could give me a tour sometime?

Matt, Jeff, anydbody racing TORO? I should be able to make several. I'm hopin to do the Decatur, Muenster, Crafton, Bonita, and BSGP races. I should be able to make it home for all of those races, and I'll be back for the TCCRA race at Pittsburg (this will be my 9th race, which means I get a plaque. :yeehaw: )

I sure do miss the weekend day rides to Muenster. The only thing I'll be riding this weekend is the books in the library :ugg:

tx246

~SPONSOR~
May 8, 2001
eric,
those "books" will let you ride whenever you want if you do it right. just ask jim.

im out for this weekend. my pop and i are headed down the brazos river in a canoe. we will be looking for fish and some time together. i had a great time last sunday. perfect end to a not so perfect end to dirtweek. kid with asthma brought the party to a halt and we hightailed it home.

matt good to see that you are up and running. nice to meet jeffd too. we will have to get yall to make the kiamichi run with us.

Enduro_Nut

~SPONSOR~
Feb 7, 2002
jeffd - I'm going to try and be there Sunday for work and play, we need to go do a loop. Sorry I missed you, it's been a while!

Gene - Sorry I was "done" when I finally caught up to you guys - we'll hit it again soon!

Eric - Where ya' been??

Harley - Up for this weekend?

I think we need another Kiamichi with the N. Texas boys!!
Mid-end of November?? :ride:

yzguy15

Sprayin tha game
N. Texas SP
Oct 27, 2000
Roger, I'm in Austin attending the UT. I've been home only twice so far, one time we went riding (the Sunday of Labor Day weekend) and the other time was last weekend we went to TCCRA in Jacksonville. Which was a blast by the way, that place might be worth a trip back. Mud Creek Off Road park I think is what it's called. It had a lot of rolling grass track and a fun hill climb. Anyhow, I only make it back for special events. I'll be home around for the TORO races I mentioned above, but probably not too many Muenster rides, not till the summer at least.

hlguthrey.... your name is Harley correct? Do you work in the computer industry? I think my dad has worked with you before. He works at BDO Seidman as a technology consultant.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom