My 2006 DR650SE WARRANTY IS ABOUT TO EXPIRE

jasonr82

Nov 22, 2006
My 2006 DR650SE WARRANTY IS ABOUT TO EXSPIRE

Originally Posted by jasonr82
Hey Guys

My DR650SE Warranty is about to exspire should I get the exstened warranty? I was told that I had to keep up all service in order to keep the warranty. I just want to know do I really need this because it seems to be costly. For the first service it was $180.00 not included parts,labor or shop tools. The second service was $390.00 not included parts,labor or shop tools. The next service is even higher. This seems to be a ripp off and to be very espensive. As much money I would have to put out by the time the years go by I could have bought another bike. And if I have any problem with it I may have to put out more money if they say it was not a manufacture default. To start the warranty they also ask for $530.00 for 5 year warranty which one year is the manufacture warranty that has already exspired. You paids for 5 years but actually getting 4 years for your money. So guys what you think I should do?

jasonr82

Nov 22, 2006
Moparman1539

Registered
Bike(s): Kawasaki KE 100, YZ125(coming soon) Join Date: Sep 2006

Member #: 72242

Quote:Originally Posted by jasonr82
Hey Guys

My DR650SE Warranty is about to exspire should I get the exstened warranty? I was told that I had to keep up all service in order to keep the warranty. I just want to know do I really need this because it seems to be costly. For the first service it was $180.00 not included parts,labor or shop tools. The second service was $390.00 not included parts,labor or shop tools. The next service is even higher. This seems to be a ripp off and to be very espensive. As much money I would have to put out by the time the years go by I could have bought another bike. And if I have any problem with it I may have to put out more money if they say it was not a manufacture default. To start the warranty they also ask for $530.00 for 5 year warranty which one year is the manufacture warranty that has already exspired. You paids for 5 years but actually getting 4 years for your money. So guys what you think I should do?

Ok.. If it was a warranty but it doent include, parts, labor, or shop tools. Then what exactually was it covering?

Today, 07:07 PM

jasonr82

Registered
Bike(s): suzuki dr650se 2006 Join Date: Nov 2006

Member #: 73847

Two Brothers M-7 V.A.L.E
Two Brothers M-7 V.A.L.E iamb thinking about getting it do anybody have a two brothers pipe do you like it.
Last edited by jasonr82 : Today at 07:11 PM. Reason: Two Brothers M-7 V.A.L.E

01-21-2007, 10:09 AM

Rich Rohrich

BioHazard
Bike(s): CRF480 , Montesa 315R, CRF150R, TTR125/RM80 hybrid Join Date: Jul 1999

Member #: 16241

Those bikes tend to be stone reliable so the longer warranty shouldn't be needed. It sounds like your dealer has been taking advantage of you up till this point. I would find someone else to deal with.

------------------------------------------------------------------ « t a g » -----
"another beautiful theory beaten to death by a gang of ruthless facts..."

- Tom Hanna (Master Metalshaper/Nitrogeezer)

01-21-2007, 10:08 AM

Moose

Sponsoring Member
Bike(s): 1994 CR133R Join Date: Sep 2006

Member #: 72401

Uhh....

Think it through, do what you think will be best.

jasonr82

Nov 22, 2006
The warranty on my DR650 it suppose to cover the engine if the manufacture say's that the problem was cause by manufactury defect otherwise you will be charge for whatever need to be fix. It basically a waist of money by what they say thar most of the time at about 80% it is not a manufacture default.

Top Bottom