My Dirt Bike Needs Reviving from death row

Hustle

Apr 23, 2006
Hi. Well my dirt bike was backfiring last time i took it out, so i cleaned the carby ect. I then started it up with the choke on and reved it fully and it didnt backfire , so i was happy. Well i took it out today. Got to the field, put choke on. Started it, It sounded like it was being reved fully when i wasn't even touching the throttle. So i tried reving it to see if it would stop it but it went louder.
I took the choke of and it just went from loud, down to off.

Now when i start it with the choke on its sound like its being reved fully.
When i start without choke, or turn choke of after starting with it on, it just getting quieter and quieter until it cuts out. I have to keep the revs up when the choke is off to keep it from cutting out.

Why is this? I have messed with the air screw on the back of the carby and nomatter where i put it it does this.

Sometimes it start ok but leave it for 10 seconds it just goes like it .

This is a video of it with the choke of. I start revving it to keep the revs up but listen as i slowly let go of the throttle..

Heres also a video of the bike when its got the choke on. Im reving it a little.

Oh and i have the air screw 5 full turns lose from when it is tight. I dont have the default number of turns but i have two of these bikes and the other bike runs fine like this .

Hustle

Apr 23, 2006
Just found the manual for my bike. This looks like it comes with every pitbike loncin make.

Acording to this manual, my bike has a battery and electric start lol.....

bike.jpg

bike001.jpg

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
Start by pulling the carb again and going through it with some good quality carb cleaner. Check the float height, and reassemble and re-install. Make SURE the cables are routed correctly and are not binding. This should fix you up. The carbs are pretty small which means the passages and jeys are even smaller and it's VERY easy for them you get gunked up.

Hustle

Apr 23, 2006
Ok. Can you tell me how to take the carb apart as my friend done it last time.

Can you tell me how to take it off the bike, take it apart, and what to do once its off.

Hustle

Apr 23, 2006
Latest news .. Tried kicking bike over.

Didn't start. Didn't even nearly start.

Checked spark plug, thats fine. emptyed fuel out of carb with the screw at bottom.

Tried kicking it with choke on and off for 10 minutes. Not a chance. All that happened was, i had to keep undoing the screw on the carb to let the petrol in the carb out because i kept flooding it.
Tried bumping it. Didn't wanna know.

WHAT WRONGE?????????

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
Hustle said:
Ok. Can you tell me how to take the carb apart as my friend done it last time.

Can you tell me how to take it off the bike, take it apart, and what to do once its off.
Yes I can but this is something that you should be able to accomplish with no instruction. All you should need are a straigh and phillips screwdriver. Sit down and look at it a bit it will be very aparent what needs to happen. If not then my explination won't help and you should hit your friend up again and get him to show you what to do.

Hustle

Apr 23, 2006
Ok i took the carb off and blew it all out. Put it all back together. Still didn't wanna know.

I took out the spark plug again and got a towle and whiped it all over.

Stuck it back in but i put it in about 1/2 more turns then what i normally do so it was in tight and put coil on.

Started 1st time. :-)

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
See it's usually something simple. With the little bikes it's VERY often the carb.

Hustle

Apr 23, 2006
Patman said:
See it's usually something simple. With the little bikes it's VERY often the carb.

Oh it wasn't the carb. That was a lucky start.

It didn't stay on for long .. maybe 2 minutes..

I took the petrol hose out, no fuel flowing through it. My reserve on my petrol tank is blocked. The ON works but not reserve.

Its fine to use now .. after all that hassel, its the tap.

Top Bottom